Sign in to follow this  

A new 747-400 panel?

Hi guys, I've been wondering why all of a sudden, development over newer, more advanced B747-400 panels have ceased since the release of the PSS744? I was told demand, but take a look at this: the PSS320 was released just months ago, and now there are several new 320's coming out (Apollo, WilcoPub) coming out to compete with the package. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it according to the Avsim poll that 70% of buyers were not content with the PSS A320? (consider that the A320 is even more advanced that the 744 package) I was thinking, that rules out the "demand" reason, because the Jumbo is still one of the most popular planes out there! I think the only reason why people still say that they are content with the PSS744 package is because it was released two years ago. Imagine if it were released today with the new bar of excellence set by PiC or Dreamfleet. Anyway, I'd really, really love to see a new -400 panel out there, that strives to be more accurate. Is there anyone here who feels the same way?No offense intended, just my two cents.cheers,http://www.flightsimmers.net/michael8/genavbanner.gif

Guest joea

Hey I agree with you, doesn't mean we'll see a new 744 panel though.

hi i just downloaded Christophe jeanne's new 747-400 freeware panel.have to say its my favourite 747 panel so far.check it out,file is called 7474pcj.zip.not sure if its in AVSIM file library or the other place!!!,but well worth downloading. best wishes steve

Guest joea

No offense I doubt it's up to the level of PSS' 747 or their A320...I want all the goodies FS2002 can offer, without the default AP thank you.

hi joeano your dead right ..it's not a PSS type panel.iv'e got both.but i've never got the hang of the pss FMC.it's too much for my small brain.i'm much happier with an easier panel.your right about the A/P,but i can get from A to B with it.....just about.still a great panel though.also found the PSS 747 panel chewed up my framerates. best wishes steve athlon 1800xp asus a7m 266 winme 512mb 2100