Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

My tutorial no longer available at AvSIM

Guest tmetzinger

I've pulled my V 2.0 tutorial from Avsim, for a couple of reasons.A. I'm gonna put out 3.0 soon, and it's going to be much improved.B. A gentleman very nicely pointed out that I may be violating Jeppesen's copyright with the flight plans and charts I included in the tutorial. I think it's ok under the "fair use" exception to copyright act, but I think it's better for me and particularly for AvSim to not have it out there. I'm going to try and negotiate with Jepp for permission to use their data in exchange for giving a plug to the SimCharts product they make (which I'd recommend anyway).Stay tuned for updates - this month is going to be hectic work-wise but I'm committed to releasing 3.0 as soon as I get a Round Tuit.

Guest bigun

Sounds good Tim. Looking forward "tuit" :) Let me know how I can help when ready.

Guest Callmecapt

I thought infringement of copyright was only if you profit from the use of the copyrighted product.Not sure though.Anyone shed light on this?Goran

use the online published FAA charts, they are not copyrighted.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest nandrzej

Tim your tute taught me how to fly the NG in the dark early days of FMC mystery and really helped, it is very much appreciated.Love your work, Nick

Guest Philip Olson

Tim, I do have a couple of actual Round Tuits laying around the house so if you need one I will be happy to send one your way! :-) Of course that is only if you use it to get V3.0 out. I just can't see how a Round Tuit would help in this instance though????? ;-) Thanks for all of the great work and keep it up! We really do appreciate it!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest crsfamily

Tim, I would like to thank you for considering doing another tutorial after the (if I remember correctly)poor contrubution returns from the last one. I again will be one of the first in line to happly make a donation for all of your hard work. I have really enjoyed going through the last one and look forward to 3.0To all of you that contribute your time and energy to this hobby so those of us with less skills may learn I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU.

Guest Dan_Hayden

Tim,For some reason I thought I read that your next version of the tutorial would be a "PAY" version and be printed and bound. Is that still the plan, or am I mistaken? Except for the lag time in its arrival, I would personally prefer a bound version.

thanks Timcant waityour last manual was excellentBo

Bo Klop

Hi Tim,I also love and use your Tutorial, understandableand well written....THANKS and I look forward to version 3.Clive

Guest zip

Waiting for version 3, so that all of us can learn to use the auto-spoilers properly - argh, did I just write that?Good luck with the negotiations with Jeppesen. Of course, the FAA is now putting out digital approach charts for free (well, courtesy of taxpayers), at the naco.faa.gov site. I hope to see the sector charts up there soon.Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Guest sj3

One v2 beta tester ready, willing, and able, sir.

Guest cw1011

Glad I downloaded it earlier. I use your condensed checklists every time I fly the plane. It is so gratifying to be able to start her up cold and go flying. Looking forward to V.3. Keep up the good work -- it is much appreciated.

Guest bigun

Dan,Version 2 of Tim's tutorial was a donation ware" version. Sadly, even though the tutorial was downloaded and used and incredible number of times and Tim put a TON of work into it, the last I heard is donations were very slim. That is a shame because it truly is a masterpiece. I hope Tim makes the next version Payware only. He deserves the few $$$ for all of his work.

Guest Bribe

Hi Tim,Judging by the comments, everyone of us think your tutorial is the "bee's knees",(brit slang). I know I can't wait to get to grips with it. Hope to see it soon,and I for one would be ready and willing to donate once again. I don't mind spending on an excellent product.Take care.