Sign in to follow this  
Guest ahmedem

PMDG and ATI

Guest ahmedem

Hello all,I have a quick question to put to anyone with ATI cards.I've heard some people are having issues with the new Catalyst driver and the 737. Could anyone who is using the 737 with a Catalyst driver let me know if they are having any problems.I've just got a new PC and I want to install the driver but I'd like to know if there are any problems to look out for and maybe some tips before I set it all up.Thanks for any help, look forward to hearing from you.Ahmed

Hi!Got a 9700Pro with last drivers installed...No problems a at all... the only thing is that the VC gauges are VERY slow (!!)... I mean everything is smooth except the gauges in the VC...That's the only thing I've noticed...Hope that helps...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest tcable

I'm using a 9800Pro and Catalyst 4.7's with no issues. Performacne is markedly better than with anything I've owned Nvidia (and that includes a 5900XT)Tim

What are your computer specs?I have the Radeon 9800 Pro 128 and I am using the Cat 3.10 drivers.I have no problems with the 737 NG or and other games I use, and I have the gauges updating at the maximum rate too. Seems like this 737 NG sucks up a lot of FPS because my A320 Professional and other aircraft have twice the FPS.

Guest ahmedem

HiThanks for all your replies, much appreciated!I'm happy to report that I've since installed the driver and the plane and it all seems to operate fine.I locked the FPS at 40 and took a low flight across London 2000ft EGSS-EGLL with heavy cloud cover and all sliders to max. I was getting 30+ FPS in 2D cockpit but very erratic in VC (I got everything from 7FPS to 40FPS), but I usually fly 2D anyway.Waldo, you asked what my specs are,WINXP SP1, DX9.0bASUS P5GD1 m/boardP4 skt 775 3.0GHz 800MHzASUS ATI Radeon X600Pro PCI Express w/latest catalyst driver512MB DDR400 PC3200Thanks again,Ahmed

9500 patched for 9700 with modified drivers. No problems whatsoever :) Beautiful graphics...