Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeoffC

Runway lengths

Guest GeoffC

I am putting together a route which I want to fly make available in the NG and need to know what a reasonable runway length is. Although I have the 800/990 I am planning the route based on the 700 or even 600 if it helps as this is common to all owners.My initial thoughts are to choose runways 5000' or more and this should be OK. Does this sound reasonable as long as I don't have tail winds or very heavy loads.I have looked at the performance charts and this seems OK.I would appreciate your thoughts.

Guest Viezevis

Perhaps you could check out the tables you get with the manuals? there are some tables about runway lenght too so;)

Guest GeoffC

MichielAs I said I've done that, I'm just checking if my 5000' suggestion sounds about right.

Guest elvisonit

For the 739, you would need quite a bit of runway (probably more than 5,000') to get a decently loaded plane off the ground in time. You should check the table called "Runway Length Limit Weight (737-900)" for your answer. It depends on your OAT (outside air temperature) and weight of course. According to the table, 5,000 feet is possible, but lightly loaded and not too hot outside.

Wet or Dry rwy? What flap settings? What is the airfield altitude? So many varibles ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Yes, so many variables and insufficient data to answer the question. The PMDG documentation does not indicate what flap setting or altitude it corresponds to, which makes it nearly worthless except as a general guide.Don S.

ORIGINAL REPLY DELETED: On second thought, nah....

Do you think a wet or dry rwy makes any difference on flight simulator 2004 Don? What about other factors like rwy slope? While it would be nice to have all releated manuals I don't knock PMDG because the lack of them. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86973.jpg Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Randy,I really doubt if runway condition (wet, dry, or snow-covered) makes a difference in FS 2004 (or even runway slope for that matter), but flap position and altitude sure do.Best regards,Don S.

Well let's see if we can come up with something to fix that. I have FPPMs for the 700s but not for the 800-900, I think I can get them of course and maybe, just maybe can get something made up on my own for folks if you think this is a good idea?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |