Sign in to follow this  
Guest camtech

cockpit lighting

Guest camtech

hello folks out there im wondering whst hsppen to the lighting, im trying to prepare for takeoff at night, and the lighting is bad in the cockpit, i cannot see which buttons to push, there is not enough light to see what im doing, is there a way to turn on the bright lights to see what im doing .thanks......................Robert

Robert,Try to brighten up your monitor a bit with the contrast and brightness controls. I see my panels pretty good since I adjusted it to my liking!Hope it helps,

Could you be more specific Robert? What buttons are you trying to set that you cannot see?Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest speight

I also have difficulty seeing the switches at night in the 2d cackpit, but in the virtual cackpit all is revealed

Guest KillerWhale65

hi, i also have problems with this.When its dark, and cockpit lightning is on it is impossible seeing the switches on the overhead. So i cannot tell weather for example the taxilights are on or off, no-smoke sign is on or off ... simply because the switch itself is invisible. Only the text is visible. Contrast and brightness of my monitor are 100%thanks!Matt

You know as much as I hate to say it (and I do..believe me) this is pretty much the only component where Ariane has managed to nail it. They have (somehow?? and I hope PMDG can match this in the 744) managed to allow for a copious number of cockpit lights and external lights to opperate without sending MS into a corinary?Has PMDG managed to come to a work around with this? (just out of pure curiosity, and not to initiate thread drift :()

In the panel.cfg try to change the line:Night=117,88,36To bigger numbers like:Night=212,175,116See if that helps.Jos

Guest KillerWhale65

heres a screenie:

Guest KillerWhale65

i tried this, but it doesnt seem to change anything. Sorry.

Looks perfect on my screen. You might want to adjust your monitor settings a bit!Cheers,

Guest KillerWhale65

can you actually tell if the seatbelt sign for example is on or of?

Hi Matt,I can see this screen shot perfectly as well. I have another idea; you may not have a brightness or contrast issue, but a color issue. Your Red and/or Green may be to low and not allowing you to see the night font colors. If you have a Monitor the Red and/or Green guns within the tube maybe weak. Try adjusting the color and see if that helps.Do you have a monitor or flat screen? How old is it?Take a look at this screen shot. You should be able to see clear and distinct banding and shading of colors going from left to right; red to yellow to green to blue to purple and back to red again. If you are not seeing this, definitely have a color problem.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92621.jpgYou can also try this link. You should see left to right; white, yellow, light blue, green, purple, red, dark blue.http://www.mediacollege.com/video/test-pat...bars-smpte.html

Guest kdundon

Looks like mine does at night. Ken