Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Annoying Alarm

As soon as I turn on battery on the 737-900 I get this annoying alarm that I can't silence. What could possibly be wrong?

Guest Caerdyddflyer

Wilbert I also had that problem yesterday. After trying to do an emergency stop after takeoff the green speedbrake armed light stayed on after i slewed back to try another takeoff. It could be the speed brake armed/speed brake deployed alarm. Just a guess.Rhydian

Possibly your Take Off Configuration Warning or TOCW. You are starting the sim with your throttle not set to minimum but something that makes the sim think you are taking off i.e. above 40%N1. Try resetting your throttle to idle before starting and you'll be fine!Hope it helps,

Guest Nickman

Also make sure your speedbrakes aren't armed during takeoff.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Found my problem. What I did was check the FSUIPC joystick settings (throttle). I then went back to cockpit and when I turned on battery - the alrm was ther. I then moved my throttle momemtarily up and then all the way back and the alarm ceased. What I might suggest is that the FSUIPC setting for throttle be checked and then moving your throttle up and then back and see if that help. Let me know.

Guest Ross

>Also make sure your speedbrakes aren't armed during takeoff.>>Nick B.>Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG PilotPretty sure the speedbrakes should be armed for takeoff incase of RTO? Maybe I'm wrong but I always take off with speedbrakes armed.

"Pretty sure the speedbrakes should be armed for takeoff incase of RTO? Maybe I'm wrong but I always take off with speedbrakes armed.Ross McCrindleSenior CaptainVirtual United"Your Senior Check Captain wishes to speak with you about re-training. Boeings do not have the speedbrake lever armed for takeoff. Were you previously an Airbus flyer?Cheers.Ian>

Guest Nickman

Nope, spoilers should not be armed. If for some reason you have to reject takeoff, the brakes will do most of the work since you're not going about 2 times as fast if you are at 80 kts. Spoilers wouldn't have much affect at that speed.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest Ross

>Your Senior Check Captain wishes to speak with you about>re-training. Boeings do not have the speedbrake lever armed>for takeoff. Were you previously an Airbus flyer?>>Cheers.>Ian>Lol,Anytime my friend. Yes, you are right, I spent a lot of time, 300+ hours on the A320 series with BA Virtual. Need to dig out those checklists!

Guest venquessa

PMDG 737NG600/700 manual, intro flight, page 38, take off."Check the trim""Set the speed brake to ARMED" .....