Sign in to follow this  
Guest ksimmelink

autothrottle switch not working after update?

Guest ksimmelink

Has anyone else had the problem that after updating with the 800/900 VC upgrade, that the autothrottle switch doesn't move anymore on the 2D cockpit?Just wondering if this was a bug, or if something became corrupted during the update.Kim Simmelink

KimIf you are using the same procedure for A/T engagement as for the 600/700 then I would say it sounds like something got corrupted during install. Do you see this on all models and liveries? Do you have the engine driven generators ON?Cheers,

Guest Air Europa

Dear Kim ,Yes , I've noticed the same problem. Sometimes it works , sometimes not.But I made a little test. I believe it has something to do with the lights of the cockpit.During day-time , I haven't problems with it.During dusk and when I put on the lights , I have the problem of a not-working auto-throttle.During dusk and the lights go automaticaly in service , there is no problem with the autothrottle.I did the tests (in dusk) at the Airport of Palma De Mallorca (Aerosoft-scenery) around 20h30 local time (date : the 6th of August 2004), with London-Gatwick as destination. And with the loaded weather of Jeppesen.Tonight , I'm going to do the tests again.Kim , do you have the same problems with a take off during dusk-time ?Looking forward to your answer.Kindest regards ,Tom.

Guest ksimmelink

I may have the same problem. I just flew the 737-600 (during the daytime) and didn't have any problems. Yet last night when I was trying to fly (real time) it didn't seem to work. I think it was activated (at least TOGO worked) but the switch never switched position and the light didn't come on.Kim Simmelink

Guest ksimmelink

Boy, I'll have to do a bit more research on this one. Aw Shucks, just what I needed another excuse to fly these wonderful planes a bit more!:-lol I am just trying to figure out this FMC so I don't keep screwing myself into the ground as I approach and enter the STAR and runway that ATC assigns.Kim Simmelink

Guest Air Europa

Dear Kim ,The TOGO is not activated. You have to use the throttles manually.Even in the LNAV- and VNAV-mode after take-off.So you have the same troubles when you are flying non-day flights ?I had yesterday night no time to do again a test (also real time).I believe when you don't touch the light-buttons , everything works fine. But this must be tested again. Together with the landing-lights.By the way , I do the tests with the 737-800 Winglets of Air Europa.Can you have also two tests ? Make a choice of a dusk flight , let upload your plane and don't touch any of the light-buttons in the panel. The lights will ulliminate automatically. Do a taxi-run from your gate to the runway. One flight without landing-lights , a second flight with landing-lights (ctrl + l).Please , can you inform me the results of the two tests ?After the tests we can send a message to the makers of this beautiful aircraft.Looking forward to hear from you.Thanks !Kindest regards ,Tom.

Hi Guys,The a/t switch wont engage for me at all. On the overhead panel just about every warning light is on, I have reinstalled several times now , even tried defraging my FS2004 drive before running update still no luck. Any advice would be great thanks in advance Greg Bisset :-wavehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

GregIf the overhead panel is full of warning lights I wouldn't even wanna try to take off, not to mention engaging the A/T.Have you prepared the aircraft for flying? Have you read the manuals and any of the great tutorials out there?Hoe it helps

Mats I have been flying the 737/600/700 since the start of the year, I have also been using 737/800/900 since its release without any problems. I did not even try to take off. These were observations after installing the new service update1 It would seem there is some bug with it, I will revert back to using it without the new service update. Cheers Greg Bisset:-waveFlight Sim user 5.1 . FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002,FS2004, PSS-777,PSS747, Dreamfleet 737, PIC767,PSSAirbus320,330/340 PMDG737-600/700/800/900http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest emdo

hi folks i have had the same prob since i put in all the updates...i couldnt log on for some reason so im using the trouble and strife,s puter..it has to do with the vc and all the updates to it...ive deleted all the vc, cabin panels and model files and am just using the 2d panel and it works perefectly... i sent an email to PMDG over a week ago explaining the probs with the autothrottle and all the yellow lites on the overhead panel not all the time and have had no reply !!!!!!! SO GUYS are you aware of this prob!!!! i havent seen any replies from the staff yet!!thanx folksemile

You know a bunch of !!!!!! and I am not going to fly it anymore will not get anywhere so why not do the logical thing and explain calmly step by step what you are trying to do and what it is not doing for you. Let me give you a hint, just because it was a certain way in the previous editions does NOT mean that that logic was correct. MANY things were changed to reflect the proper behavior of the real aircraft. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Greg, Do me a favor and remove any PMDG "saved" senarios and load the aircraft clean from the menu and see if that works. AndI am also confidant that you know that the Gens must be online for the A/T to engage.. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

GregSorry for my pretty crude answer to you, but it's hard to pin-point anything without more input and I wanted to start with the most obvious! Sorry about that. ;-)I don't think this is a bug and a good way to start to rule this out is you attach a screenshot of your overhead and we'll work it from there. ok? Would also be great with a more precise observation than, -The overhead is full of warning lights, if you get my drift. ;-)Hope it helps,

MatsI have just installed everything again pre sevice update1 have just completed a flight eveything works fine. Will try the patch again when I get some time. Sorry Mat if my reply was a bit nastybut i was tired. Have a couple of ideas i will try, i will delete those two files the previous flight files and see if it that helps.Will let you know if that fixes the problem. If not i will post a screen shot of my overhead panel and you can have a look. Thanks again for the help Cheers Greg Bisset:-wavehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi,I noticed that after the latest update, the overhead panel generator switches default to off, hence all the lights on the panel. Just flick the gen switches and your autothrottle will be just fine. Regards,Glenn Harrall