Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Ground power no longer available

Guest bobsk8

This morning, I noticed that my Ground Power Light never Llights anymore and I tried several large airports, gate combinations and switched planes. Battery shows drain when switched on, and of course without ground power, will continue to drain until APU is started. . Anyone have this happen. Flying mostly the 800 with the update.

Check you have your parking brake set! And of course engines not running. ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest bobsk8

>Check you have your parking brake set! And of course engines>not running. ;-)>>Hope it helps,What!!! You mean you can't have ground power hooked up with the brakes off. They afraid you are going to taxi away with their extension cord :) Thanks, I would have never figured that one out.....

Hi Bob,(edit:) In addition to the parking brakes, this may also be a cause:Have your checked your standby power switch? If its cover is off when you switch on the battery, and the 'stby pwr off' light above it is on, what you describe is what happens...Best,Martijn