Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

737-700 - Spoilers - I know, I know...

Guest bigun

Bob,Don't reload FS. There is no need. Yes indeed the FS preferences reset to default when you delete the FS config file. That's the point. A lot of times the config file will get all kinds of "crap" in it from various changes made along the way. I end up deleting and rebuilding my config file about once a month. As far as the incompatible modules, just go to the "old modules" section of your saved (old) config file and copy/paste that section into your new config file. That is not a problem. The FSsound dll is a "left over from older flight sim versions but works (and is needed for several add-ons) fine in FS9. Then, just reset your preferences in the Flight Sim settings menu. You'll probably find FS runs better and smoother than it did bdfore, although I doubt it will help a bit with the spoiler issue you have.

Guest bobsk8

>Bob,>Don't reload FS. There is no need. Yes indeed the FS>preferences reset to default when you delete the FS config>file. That's the point. A lot of times the config file will>get all kinds of "crap" in it from various changes made along>the way. I end up deleting and rebuilding my config file about>once a month. As far as the incompatible modules, just go to>the "old modules" section of your saved (old) config file and>copy/paste that section into your new config file. That is not>a problem. The FSsound dll is a "left over from older flight>sim versions but works (and is needed for several add-ons)>fine in FS9. Then, just reset your preferences in the Flight>Sim settings menu. You'll probably find FS runs better and>smoother than it did bdfore, although I doubt it will help a>bit with the spoiler issue you have.>Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it..

Guest bigun

:-wave Glad it helped!

Guest bobsk8

Just an update. I downloaded the new tool on the CH website for calibrating my CH LE Yoke and ran that, triple checked everything and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the spoilers to deploy at all anymore. at least on the 800, either landing with AT on or turning it off on short final. I'm going to try switching back to the 600-700 tonight and see if I can get them to deploy with that aircraft.

Hopefully Brad will chime in on this, I don't think that the real NG spoilers auto deploy until you deploy the reversers. If you do a landing press the F2 button after you have touched down and the spoilers deploy just fine. Here is a very interesting discussion on 737 speed brakes on PPRUNE that kind of fits right in to our topic.http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=136844

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest bobsk8

Well after reading the article about some pilots deploying the spoilers manually and faced with the fact that for some bizarre reason, the Spoilers on the 737-800, within the last few days decided that they only want to work about 1 out of 10 times, I came up with a solution. I programmed a little used button on my CH Yoke to deploy the spoilers. Works like a charm...... :)

Guest rellehenk

I am also having problems with spoilers. They almost never deploy, but they are always armed with a click. Green light is illuminated and throttle is idle at touchdown. Please PMDG, so much users having problems, fix it ;(

Guest ILSVector

The trick to getting the spoilers to deploy for me is to have fully deployed and retracted them once using "/" before arming them with "Shift-/". Typically, I do this when meeting the 250 knot speed restriction descending through 10K. The only issue with this method is your spoilers armed indicator doesn't work. I should paint an "INOP" tag on mine. :(I have not had consistent success using the mouse with the throttle panel's speed brake lever. That's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.Good luck,Chris

SHIFT / does not arm the speedbrakes in the newest updates. Pushing SHIFT / while the speedbrakes are deployed will place them back into the prior position (in the air of course) there is only one way to arm these spoliers and that is through manual placement from the htrottle quadrant only.....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I'm seeing this problem as well. Spoilers are armed through the panel's throttle-quad pop-up, green "armed" light on, throttles at idle and confirmed at 0 through the PFC module. I get a good autoland, occasionally with a slight bounce, but no spoilers on the vast majority of landings. Reversers deploy normally, again confirming throttles were indeed at idle.Also, isn't there supposed to be a warning when the spoilers do not deploy? Every real jet I've flown where auto-deployment is expected will give you a warning if the spoilers are armed but not deployed when wheel spin-up and/or weight-on-wheels signal is detected.This one needs fixed, guys.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

You might be correct on this Bob, but not for a "warning" in the sense of an audible or other type of warning. The speedbrake "extended light" is what we are talking about, if it does in fact not show on touchdown then I would assume this is "one" clue they have not deployed. Of course the PNF can also look at the actual lever and place it to UP if they are not deployed. But to an actual "warning" I do not believe anything other than what I mentioned exists on the NG. Kris or Brad would be of help here....Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest rellehenk

Ok, I did a lot of testing yesterday and now I am getting the speed brake extended upon touchdown :D :DWhat I did before was just a simple click on the speedbrake lever abeam the word 'ARM'. Green light illuminated but they did not extend.Now I click and hold the mouse on the lever and drag it to the correct position.. :)

Guest bobsk8

>Ok, I did a lot of testing yesterday and now I am getting the>speed brake extended upon touchdown :D :D>>What I did before was just a simple click on the speedbrake>lever abeam the word 'ARM'. Green light illuminated but they>did not extend.>>Now I click and hold the mouse on the lever and drag it to the>correct position.. :)When you got the Green Light to light on the panel, you saying that the speedbrake arm had not dropped down about 1/8th of the way into the "arm" position. I don't understand how the light lit then.

my problem is, when i arm the speedbrake, after the touch down and retracting of the speedbrake the green light doesn

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Guest rellehenk

CorrectThe green light can also be illuminated without moving the speed brake lever