Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

737-700 - Spoilers - I know, I know...

Hello All,I know this has been discussed much, but I'm still at a loss. I have been flying the 737-700 (v1.3) for as long as it has been out. I have had flawless spoiler deployments on landings following the procedures below:*I fly the 2D panel*1. Arm using shift-/2. At 50 feet, disengage AT, hit F1 to make sure I'm at idle3. Spoilers deploy!I just purchased the 800-900 (v1.1), and although I'm still flying the 737-700, the spoilers now don't deploy. In addition, I now bounce on landings (I'm assuming a seperate issue), and NEVER had that problem before.I have followed the instructions posted in earlier notes regarding the new procedures since the update. Here is what I do:1. Arm using the mouse on the throttle quadrant.2. At 50 feet, disengage AT (using SHIFT-R), hit F1 to make sure I'm at idle.3. NO deployment!In fact, after landing, and pulling onto the taxi way, I see that the panel still shows "armed." I can't unarm them. I press the "/" key, they manually come up, then I hit it again and they go down. The panel still shows "armed."I'm using the CH Yoke and pedals.I know this is exhausted, but PLEASE help me as I love this aircraft, and have always had an excellent experience with it for almost a year.Thanks in advance!- John

Do not hit F1 anymore, if you are on an Autoland simply let the bird fly it all the way, this is also realistic at least for a New Zeland airline ;-). The A/T will switch off automatically at 2 seconds after T/D. The FMS will command IDLE in time (I believe at FLARE) just like the real one. Try it and come back and tell us if it works..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Thanks Randy, but I'm not on a full autoland. I disengage the AP at 500ft, and then fly it down. At 50 feet I disengage the AT, and land.- John

Please people, post your success stories! It's just frustrating and dissapointing to have this happen after such an excellent experience with this aircraft.I know that PMDG has really done an outstanding job, and I know stuff happens. I'm just looking for help.Thanks again!>Hello All,>>I know this has been discussed much, but I'm still at a loss. >I have been flying the 737-700 (v1.3) for as long as it has>been out. I have had flawless spoiler deployments on landings>following the procedures below:>>*I fly the 2D panel*>>1. Arm using shift-/>2. At 50 feet, disengage AT, hit F1 to make sure I'm at idle>3. Spoilers deploy!>>I just purchased the 800-900 (v1.1), and although I'm still>flying the 737-700, the spoilers now don't deploy. In>addition, I now bounce on landings (I'm assuming a seperate>issue), and NEVER had that problem before.>>I have followed the instructions posted in earlier notes>regarding the new procedures since the update. Here is what I>do:>>1. Arm using the mouse on the throttle quadrant.>2. At 50 feet, disengage AT (using SHIFT-R), hit F1 to make>sure I'm at idle.>3. NO deployment!>>In fact, after landing, and pulling onto the taxi way, I see>that the panel still shows "armed." I can't unarm them. I>press the "/" key, they manually come up, then I hit it again>and they go down. The panel still shows "armed.">>I'm using the CH Yoke and pedals.>>I know this is exhausted, but PLEASE help me as I love this>aircraft, and have always had an excellent experience with it>for almost a year.>>Thanks in advance!>>- John

Guest ahmedem

John,Are you sure they aren't deploying and then retracting again?I hand fly approaches, disengage AT and get the right result with the spoilers. However, I find they do retract and the lever returns to armed position when you increase the power to taxi off the runway after landing. So if you look at the spoiler display after you start to taxi back then it will have probably returned to the armed position. Try running an instant reply and see if the spoilers have deployed or not. I've never had a problem with them thankfully!That's my success story as you requested.Good luck,Ahmed

Thanks for the note Ahmed. I looked, and they aren't deploying. After landing, I pull off onto the taxiway and stop. I didn't add power until I took a look both externally, and interally. I checked the instant replay as well. I've tried several things with no luck.I admire Robert and his crew trying to make this product as close to the real thing, but in this case, I think the old coding for the spoilers worked better with the limitations of FS. It may have not been as real, but at least it worked flawless.Thanks,John

Guest Jeno Forizs

What would happen if you use a mouse click on the throttle panel to arm the spoilers instead of using SHIFT + / to arm them?Bye,Jeno

This may not be the IRL procedure but what I do is Press Autopilot A to disengage at 500 AGL leave A/t on all the way to touchdown. I do not arm the spoiler and I do set the brakes. I hand fly to touchdown with A/T controling my speed, once the aircraft touches down the A/T disconnects once the reverse thrust is engaged the spoilers auto deploy. I don't experience any bouncing and the spoilers deploy every time. The reason I leave A/T on is for GA power if needed and it also provides for stall protection. Hope this helps.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Hi Jeno,I do use the mouse click on the throttle quadrant to arm them.Thanks!- John

Just one more note...I didn't install the 600/700 model update as I only use the 2D panel, and not the VC. Would this have anything to do with it?Thanks,John

Guest bobsk8

I have noticed that on the last couple of flights mine are not deploying either. I hand fly the approach with AT on and the AT cuts out after touchdown but the spoilers never come up. I use the mouse to arm them on final approach and always check to make sure I have green armed light on the panel. Weird, cauuse they always have worked before. I am flying the 2D 800

I just wish that there would be an official post from PMDG as to their take on this situation. I did read one post from Randy a while ago in another note (now locked) mentioning that he thought it was a pilot procedural issue (or close to that) due to the new coding for the spoilers.But now since there are so many reports of this happening on all models, but specifically on the 600/700 (which it DIDN'T before the 800/900 purchase), I would like for them (PMDG) to either just say "live with it the best you can", or that they acknowledge the issue and do recognize it as a "bug" ... whether it will be fixed or not.This way, I can make an informed/educated decision as to remove the 800/900, and re-install just the 600/700 v1.3 when I know all was working well.PMDG makes excellent products, and I look forward to their upcoming releases. I just want to put this to rest.Thanks,John

Guest bobsk8

I came home early from work and started playing with the 800 and trying to get the spoilers to work like they used to. Calibrated CH Yoke Throttle, and it goes from 0 to 255 so that seems to be OK. I reinstalled PMDG both the 700 and 8-900. I didn't put the update on so my electrical switches click again, but still no spoilers. I am going to keep at this till I figure out what is wrong. I really hate the thought of having to reinstall FS9 , so hopefully that isn't the problem.

Yes, but if you install just the 600/700 v1.3, and not the 800/900, it should be fine... even if you have to push F1 after disconnecting the AT on final. Since the day the 800/900 came out, people have been complaining about the spoilers on all models, so that was the turn of the tide. Again, this is becauase of the code changes to make the spoiler operations more realistic.I only started to experience it becauae I chose to wait for the patch before I purchased the 800/900.- John

Guest bobsk8

Well I decided to do something really stupid tonight. I removed the FS Config file having read that a new one will be generated when the program loads. What I experienced is FS9 loaded like it was brand new to my PC. I lost everything I had tweaked and added, trying to get the spoilers to deploy. Well, I had backed up the FS config, so I figured it would be a matter of just replacing the file with the backup. I could not get that to work either . Now I have some strange FS sound Dll warning when I start FS9 , that a file isn't compatible and I in addition I had to reset everything, joystick assigments , etc.. etc.. And the topper is the Spoilers still don't work :( Guess I will have to start from scratch and reload FS9. I should have left well enough alone.