Sign in to follow this  
Guest captmans

PDMG FRAME RATES

Guest captmans

Hello I just like to say that i cant believe this software.I only get 25 FPS when flying with the 73 and it drops to 8 while enroute. I have a p4 2.6 128mb GEO Force 4 5200FX,512 MBDDR Rami have all my settings set to the way explained in the manual.Can I please have some assitance.Captain Tom SchubertContinental Airlines737 Type Rated

Hi Tom,From the PMDG support page:E.1) How do I teak the performance of Flight Simulator 9: Century of Flight in order to optimize performance on my machine?:One of the first things you

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Tom,By far the most effective "tweak" I made to my computer was the addition of another 512MB of RAM to bring me to 1GB. The difference was astounding and transformed my simulation experience. I never have less that 29 FPS (locked at 30) enroute with the PMDG NG birds anywhere no matter what weather is ahead and landing at the busiest airports FPS never dips below 15.I know mileage can vary from computer to computer so this may not be the panacea for you... but thought I'd offer it to you as a possibility :)Hope things work out for you!DougDell 8250 (3.06GHz/533FSB)1GB Rambus RAM120MB ATA 100 (7200 RPM)ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst 4.5)Audigy 2 Sound (latest drivers)MS Force Feedback 2WindowsXP Pro (SP1)DirectX 9.0b

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest Rajah

I never have less that 29 FPS (locked at 30)>enroute with the PMDG NG birds anywhere no matter what weather>is ahead and landing at the busiest airports FPS never dips>below 15.Doug,Do you fly these rates on line with IVAO or VATSIM?Frans / TFF074

Guest CaptTate

I have almost the same setup. I have P4 2.4, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256mb, 512 mb RAM. I always get in the upper 20's when I have my fps locked at 30 fps....

Guest Captain Vala

Hi Tom, My system is pretty much like yours, and I had the EXACT same problem as you have till 2 days ago, when I just went nuts and tried every tweaking procedure I could find around me... some were in PMDG's website, another set my friend Fred Clausen advised me to was this website:http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htmBe advised that the procedures in this website are for some, very technical, and if you aren't that much into messing with your systems settings, you might not want to risk changing the settings of your system using blackviper website's procedures...Anyway, I did all the tweaks in my power, and the worst one was changing the themes of my Win XP and now it looks like Win 98 x( . But it is said that it saves 4-5 megs of ram for you...At the end... I didn't see much change; but after playing around more and more with the settings, and studying my issue, I reached a few conclusions...Logically, as Doug said, 512Mbs of ram would help a lot, and would give you a good FPS improvement, I would say, with our systems, we could get 5-7 FPS out of it, but I'm not sure, since I haven't tried that one yet...However, if you for some reason are not interested in doing what I said above, you still have a few more options to get more FPS. Within the FS, I've found a few things that play big roles over the FPS:1) MIM mapping quality in Display options: Looks like this one has a lot of effect on FPS, I usually set mine on 3-4, it