Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajl42003

FMC Jetway Route

Guest ajl42003

When I go to enter a route on Jetways I always get the message that the Jetway I choose in invalid. I was wondering if other people get this message too or if it is just me. When I go to enter the route I use the route and airways that MSFS gives me, maybe they aren't the same as in PMDG? Any help would be awesome thank you!Andy

Well it would help to tell us what airway you are trying to enter and where you are trying to enter it exactly. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Erups

Altough you don't see it, there can be more then one airway laying on the same route.Usually there are two: upper and lower.Each has it's own name.And while you see certain fixes, vors, ndbs not all of them are points of the airway.It's often the case with SIDs: when you enter a sid, that ends on a certain fix, 99% that fix does not belong to the upper airway that you see on it.99% in fact the SID's ending fix belongs to a lower airway, which takes you to another fix which in turn is common to the high airway, and there you can make the change.If you use FSNav it's easy to switch between H and L airways.Give it a try, and see if this is the case where you are not able to enter the higher airway while the lower is ok.

Guest ajl42003

The route of flight is KRNO direct FMG -> J92 RYANN -> J92 YERIN -> J92 BABIT -> J92 OAL -> J92 LIDAT -> J92 BTY -> J86 FUZZY Direct KLAS. I get the error when I am manually entering in the route in the ROUTE page of the FMC. I type in J92 for the VIA and get the error. I usually put that in before the fix, does the order matter. If I go to put it in as a direct route then go back and do an airway will that work? Hope this helps if there is any more info you need let me know. Thanks Andy

Guest Balrog

The order of input is on the RTE page 2:First you enter FMG in the right column. Then J92 in the left column on the line below. In the right column of this line you enter BTY. (No need to enter all sigpoints in between since they all are on J92.)Then, on the line below this, enter J86 in the left column, and then FUZZY in the right column on the same line, and you`re done. (activate - excecute)When you go to the LEGS page after this, you`ll see that the FMC has broken down the airways into their separate fixes and/or sigpoints.Think of the airways as a highway, and you need to input the entry where you need to join the airway, and the exit where you want to turn off it again. So, if the entry or exit point is not on the airway you enter, you will get an error message - not in database.In the case here, the BTY navaid needs to be a part of both J92 and J86, ie, a point where these two airways intersects.Cheers,Kjell.

Guest Buck Bolduc

Balrog got it right. Sorta like the interstate highway system. You can go from PA to CA by driving over Interstate 80. From:Hazleton, PAvia--> I-80To:San Francisco, CAYou dont need to say each and every city and town you need to go thru enroute. If you had such a sytem in a car it would list every town and city automaticaly, like the legs pages do.In 50 years or so we just may be able to do that with an automobile?regards

Guest ajl42003

I understand the concept of airways, I am a rated Instrument pilot. However I am getting the problem, I really think that PMDG doesn't recognize J92 as an actual jetway route. When I go to use J92 I get a message that says invalad entry or something along those lines. Is it possible that J92 for flight sim could be some other Jetway route in PMDG's FMC?

Like to remind you that your name is required on every post sir, not just one, thanks. There is nothing wrong with the FMC excepting J92 as this picture showshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87257.jpg I asked you in my above post where you were inputting the J92 into? i.e. are you putting it into the VIA LINE on page RTE page 2? This FMC does not have anything do with what FS has for navdata, no advanced aircraft does they all use navdata written for their aircraft and are up to date with the RW. I'm not sure what you are using to create a route, but you can use real charts right off the net. What eactly are you trying to do with this route? What is it that is not working right? Can you tell me step by step what you are trying to input. I understand J92 but as you can see it works fine so I have to come back to the pilot to see where the issue might be. One last thing, did you INSTALL the NAVDATA? This has to be done before it will work right. You can get it here http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php just in case. Click on AIRAC to locate the file to download You will need to put it hereC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87258.jpg If the FMCWP folder does not exist in the main FS folder create it. Notice how the files are within the NAVDATA folder. When you install sometimes it can create 2 NAVDATA folders which can be a problem so just make sure it looks like this picture.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

He did say he was putting it in the VIA column...First thing to check is definitely the navdata install.Make sure you're entering this in on your RTE pg 2:VIA TODIRECT FMGJ92 BTYJ86 FUZZYDIRECT KLASRyan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Buck Bolduc

We went over a problem some have had with Navdata. It belongs in .../fs9/FMCWP/Navdata. When I used the installer I ended up with .../fs9/FMCWP/Navdata/FMCWP/Navdata. When I started the 737-xxx my old navdata cycle would be loaded in the FMC?What I now do is rename FMCWP to FMCWP.old. Then after installing the new Navdata file it creates a new .../fs9/FMCWP/Navdata file, my FMC now denotes the newer Navdata file. Others say they dont have the problem?Another words the installer was putting a new FMCWP/Navdata folders and files within the old /Navdata folder. The FMC was reading the old file first and stopped reading. Simple work arround, works for me?I have no problem with J-92.Regards

Guest venquessa

From my experience there are differences between the FS2004 navdata and the PMDG data. I have come across this in the UK especially.Solution? Open the fs9/FMCWP/Navadata airway file, can't remember the exact file name...Use "Edit->Find..." and search for the first fix you want on the airway, then look at the fixes it crosses, if it's the correct route, then use the airway that corresponds in that file. If it doesn't look for the next one.I wish I could remember examples and I'll post back when I find one again. I definately had to do this for several routes from the UK to spain. The FS2004 airways (or the PMDG ones) are incorrectly labeled. I suspect its the FS2004 ones, becuase FSNav used to sort the problem out for me, but it expired and I haven't paid registration yet, so the raw navdata file is required.Also a note about FS2004 "Find Route", is that it's a little mental. Try asking for the route from EGLL -> KJFK and see what it gives you... North to about 80 degrees, then west, west, west until about anchorage, then south east back across the states to JFK. 7000nm.The same thing happens on other routes too. More important to this post, is that FS9 seems to swap and shift from one airway to another when there is no need. Last night I went for a flight from EGLL to Cyprus, the FS9 route went on the UL607, then off it onto another airway, then back onto the UL607 and so on, about 4 times, ending up in the same place, with almost the same distance. In reality you could go the whole way from northern france to southern greece (Crete) on the UL607 in one entry in the route page.Hope this helps.Paul

If you install the new airac be sure to point it to your MAIN flightsimulator directory, do NOT point it to the fmcwpnavdata....since that will have the installer create the entry you see. If you do it the right way the old files will be overwritten and you'll be fine with your next updateHTHWillem

andy for the record i too have noticed inaccuracies with the airways but it is a freeware product that is very kindly produced for us, which is why i have just accepted it.I just go to the next fix on the airway until it comes good,happens rarely but with all that data i can live with it!!cheers keith

Let's not confuse out dated default navdata with up to date ever changing (and free) Navdata from Richard. There is no comparison to be made..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |