Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS2002 aircraft slow, heeeelppp!

Hi!! I have an Abit VP6 motherboard that I'm using on my Windows XP Professional computer. I have a:Single Pentium III 1.1GHz processor512MB RAM40 Gig Hard DriveATI GeForce 2 Graphics cardSoundblaster Live 5.1 Platinum audio card.The problem I'm having is that my FS2002 is running very slow. The 3D acceleration is enabled but the airplanes fly soooo slow that I can't even fly a 737 without having it take twice the time it takes to fly from one city to the next. The Sim rate is at normal and I don't know what else could be the issue in my case. The simulator runs fine, but the problem is that the aircraft speed (default FS2002 and Dreamfleet 737-400) takes a long time to build up for takeoff or landing so a 737 usually flies like a cessna 172 or something. I don't know if it has to do with the motherboard or something else. I ran the FS2002 after doing a fresh install of Windows XP and everything seemed to be working fine but at the second time that I ran it, it went slow, the aircrafts do not pick up speed at the rate they should and flights take me twice if not three times it would take me to fly it at normal speed.Does anyone has a solution to this problem? Thanks so muchTeo

I suspect that your default flight has been saved with time acceleration less than 1.... That will slow everything as you describe. Depending on the A/C, most aircraft show the time accel. level in the same gauge that contains the time. If it's not reading "1", put your mouse cursor over it until it changes to a "+", then click until it reads one. Then resave the flight and make it your startup flight. Another way to fix if this sounds too confusing: load up another one of the 2k2 flights, and see if everything returns to normal.... If so, you'll know the problem's with your default flight....-John

Guest Jimbofly

It may also be the internal clock, although I think FS2002 isn't affected by it. A few years ago I had the opposite problem, the aircraft flew way to fast and it turned out the internal clock (RTC, I think) was ticking at three times the normal speed!Anyway, I hope this helps your situation.James

I had a copy of FS for the Atari ST back in the late 80's... Aircraft always flew a good 50 percent faster than "for real"--and that was the first version of the sim where the Lear was a choice. In order to make the sim flyable, and not have 80+ kt landings in the prop and 150+ kt landings in the Lear, I had to write an assembly language proggie which put a delay in the ST's timers. It worked--twas my first proggie ever written for a FS product. I also ran FS from a Ramdisk--had no wait for scenery loads while flying (if one can call it scenery compared to today's sim). Miss the Atari ST--it was a fun platform and could have been a contender, had Atari marketed it as more than just a game and MIDI machine...-John