Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

General Question

Guest glassb

When using TOGA for takeoff....I of course switch this off after takeoff correct? ... And then if I need to abort a landing on an approach I just would switch it back on? But my main question is if I would switch this off right after a takeoff.Rgds,Brandon Glass

Hi Brandon,You would want to change autopilot modes to something like VNAV, LVL CHG ,etc. Or turn off the autopilot and autothrottle and hand fly the a/c. You would not want to stay in TOGA for many reasons including excessive fuel burn.Take a look at one of the tutorials, this will go a long way in helping you understand the different autopilot modes and how to use them during the different phases of a flight.

How bout a picture ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87357.gifBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

Randy, so basically if you use TOGA for takeoff it would go out when the pitch mode is activated (LNAV, VNAV) ?RGDS,BRANDON GLASS

No, when a pitch mode is engaged i.e. LVL CHG, V/S, VNAV OR you engage an A/P. If you engage an A/P in TO mode the AFDS will automatically enage in LVL CHG...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

sorry randy...that was a stupid question....TOGA turns off of course when you select Autopilot A when reaching 1000 ft after takeoff.sorry for your time,BRANDON GLASS

Guest captbulldog 2

Don't worry. Randy is a bully who doesn't reset his MCP ALT!

You are in violation of PMDG forums rules Preston......Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

(WW3)World War 3 startin!take cover,BRANDON GLASS

No, those war days are far behind us Brandon. It is very difficult at times not to come across in a certain manner when dealing with writing, no one is perfect and at times egos flare and personalities clash. That's not to say I have never had any blurps myself but now I try to stick to helping others with the sim. Egos can be a problem but if we follow the forum guidelines many of these issues will go away.. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest glassb

Sure.Rgds,BRANDON GLASS

Guest glassb

Hey Randy,What program did that picture come from?Rgds,BRANDON GLASS

That picture came from the Boeing 737 NG Computer Based Training program :D Nice score Randy - it seems you've been receiving a few things of late! (Randy) Send me an email if you see this as I have a question I would like to ask you personally (not about getting that, I don't need it) ;)Cheers,Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211ZAB & SSY Observer (OBS)http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngMSN - gbalean@hotmail.comCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office :-dohP4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder

Guest Nexus82

Come on, the 737 CBT can be found on most peer-to-peer networks.I have it aswell and quite frankly nothing as really new to me.The software is from 1998, poor graphics and corny narrator }(

Ha unless you have a much much more recent version that wasn't from a peer to peer network ;) P2P networks in my opinion should be pulled apart, put into a scrap heap and the whole lot of people using them sued. I mean today I hear from somebody who thinks that 'sharing' music through this isn't illegal as you share songs etc with another person mutually, yet it creates copies of the file. Besides which in this country it's illegal according to APRA, though I must say that paying to broadcast your own composition is a bit dodgy - much of the money for licencing aparently goes back to the artists, but that doesn't mean you would see it.Ahh gotta love to rant :D I'm getting tired!Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211ZAB & SSY Observer (OBS)http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngMSN - gbalean@hotmail.comCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office :-dohP4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder