Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaap

engine startup fs2004 b737/600/700

Guest jaap

I cannot get the right-engine started.I am starting from dark cockpit. In fs2002 I have no problems at all. I have de- and reinstalled the software with no succes. I need some help.regards jaap otte

Not enough information jaap. How about starting with the procedure you are following to start the engines?

Did you open the isolation valve on the bleed air panel? I'm saying this from memory but I believe the APU source for the bleed air manifold must pass through the isolation valve to get to the right engine starter control valve. If the isolation valve switch is in the center (Auto) position it may not allow bleed air to flow to the RH engine.I'm not positive about this... just a thought. DougDell 8250 (3.06GHz/533FSB)1GB Rambus RAM120MB ATA 100 (7200 RPM)ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Catalyst 4.5)Audigy 2 Sound (latest drivers)MS Force Feedback 2WindowsXP Pro (SP1)DirectX 9.0b

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Guest rvdlaak

I had this problem - and found out (thru this forum) that is was the left Engine BLEED Air Switch that needed to be off prior to starting engines. I usually have the ISOLATION valves on auto. If I remember correctly that is by design :-)After that your engine should start OK.cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest jaap

Problem solved. Thanks for your reactions. They were pointing all into the same direction namely the bleed air.There are three switches for bleed air. The centre one must be switched on. Before starting the left engine the switch indicated "1" must swithed on. When the left engine is running the switch must be set off. The switch indicated "2" must be switched on and the right engine can be started up.If switches 1 and 2 must be on or off during the flight is still a puzzleregardsjaap otte

Don't be confused by some of earlier messages, Jaap. Yes, bleed air is your problem, but no one seems to fully understand what to do to get APU bleed air to the right engine...The "centre", as you call it, Bleed Isolation switch doesn't have to be put in the OPEN position. AUTO is OK... and you don't need to switch off the ENG BLEED Air switches. They are only moved to OFF if there is a fault with the bleed air system. On the ground or in the air, the ENG BLEED switches remain in the ON position. All you need to do then, is turn off one or both packs to activate the "Centre" Bleed Isolation valve auto-opening logic. Packs should be switched OFF anyway, to provide as much bleed air to the engine starters as possible.After both engines have been started, the packs can be switched back on. The "centre" Bleed Isolation Valve will automatically close allowing the Left Engine to feed the Left Pack... and the Right Engine to feed the right pack.Apart from abnormal situations, the only time you need to move the centre Bleed Isolation switch to ON is if you want to run both packs using the APU (usually during ground operations).Hope this clarifies the issue.Rgds.Ian.(Edit) One other possibility.... The centre Bleed Isolation Valve is electrically driven (with 115 Volts AC power from the #1 Transfer Bus). Make sure your aircraft has full electrical power (either from Ground(External) power or the APU). You will, of course, need the APU running to get bleed air for engine start.