Sign in to follow this  
Guest Craig85

NO GROUND POWER

Guest Craig85

Hey,I have been flying the PMDG 737-6/7/8/9, for a while now...I recently had to re-formatt my computer due to a major windows problem..I got my computer running up again running beautifuly, But I noticed when I re-installed the PMDG 737 fleet, When I got into my FS9 I was on the ground ready to taxi...I pressed the ground power button do recieve it...it worked like norma...but as soon as I turned off my parking brakes the ground power went down...I noticed when I put my Brakes back on ground power was available again...I tried un-installing the PMDG fleet and re-installing it again...It still does the same thing...I can't understand how to fix it..can someone please help me???Thanks,Craig Galka

Guest Nickman

I think that's how it should be. Ground power should be used when parked at the gate and the APU should be turned on prior to pushback/engine start.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest Craig85

Hey,Thats what I do, I have my ground power on at the gate, and my APU is already on, The reason why this is bad is because..I cant arm my auto throttle...unless the ground power is on...Like I said everytime I turn my parking brakes off ground power and auto thorttle disengage...is there anything i can do? this never done this before.Thxs,Craig Galka

Once the APU is running, turn on the generator switches on the overhead panel. Auto throttle should be fine then.Regards,Glenn Harrall

Guest flyinggriffin

Craig, Are you trying to taxi and use ground power? Not trying to be smart but that is what it sounds like. Bob K.

Guest Craig85

Hey Guys,lol...yea I was being dumb taxing with ground power not realizing...I turned my APU on and switched the gen's on and I'm good now...lol...sorry guys..wasnt pasying attention to what I was doing...Thanks for you help!!!Craig Galka :0)

Guest flyinggriffin

Its a terminology thing. Ground power is the hookup they make to the plane when it is at the gate to power systems before the APU goes on. Reason I asked is that I had this vision of a couple of miles of the power cable trailing behind the plane as you taxi like an extension cord on an electric mower. Bob K.