Sign in to follow this  
Guest hellogoodbye

737NG-600/700 free upgrade to 800/900 level...?

Guest hellogoodbye

I'm thinking about buying the 737NG-600/700. Now I remember reading somewhere that a free patch would be released to bring the 600/700 up to the same level as the 800/900 (better looking 2D cockpit, clickable VC and other improvements). Are you still planning on releasing such an update...? I'm only interested in the 737NG-700 and really don't want or need the 800/900 at all. Because of that, it's a shame if I have to buy the 800/900 package just in order to get a 'better' 700, specially if you are still working on a free patch which will do the same! Feels like paying for a patch...If I however you say: no, we will not and never release a patch that will bring the 700 up to the 800/900 level, I will be 'forced' to buy the extra package because I really like the improvements (as all other 600/700 pilots will, I guess...). (I know I have a choice, but I really want the 700 to be at the 800/900 quality level!!!)So... if you are clever salesmen you will of course say NO there will be no such patch, but if you really love flightsimming and your (upcoming) customers I expect another answer... :-cool :-hahJeroen van Engelen

The update is only available to owners of the 800/900. It won't be made available for those who only own the 600/700.The 600/700 is a complete product in our eyes and won't be patched to match the 800/900 standards.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Erups

The 800-900 pay upgrade brought many new features to the family, including reworked panel, TCAS system fully working, complitely clickable VC.The free upgrade you are referring to, is an upgrade for owners of the 800-900 package which will bring the 600-700 to the same level of the 800-900.The base package is very good indeed, and if you fly only the 700 i can tell you that you can do pretty well without the 800-900.Sure it will add some things, but if you never knew them you can't desire them ;)So i think that you can do with the base package alone.It has been alone for pretty much time, and was a great airplane still then.

Guest Buck Bolduc

I agree with Claudio.The 8/900 is a whole new package first of all, and well worth the money! I consider it a great favor and that PMDG gave the 600/700 users a FREE upgrade that includes all the enhancements that were put into the 800-900NG. To produce sims of PMDG's quality is not an easy undertaking, a lot of time and effort involved. PMDG is very good at what they do. But I bet the developers will tell you, hey, were still learning like the rest of you guy's, inteligent peopple are like that, they never stop learning.So. I will make a prediction, when the 747-400 is realeased it's gonna blow your socks off!MHORegards

Guest hellogoodbye

Okay, all clear! And I understand it completely. It's just asked it because I read something different, that's all. BTW I've found that quote again: it was in the AVSIM PMDG review: "PMDG's president Robert Randazzo says a -600/700 update is in the works so later you'll have the option to upgrade that package without buying the -800/900 too."Plans have changed, as they often do. ;) But as I said, I can understand it very well. (Maybe the text of the review can be edited to prevent misunderstandings...?)To Claudio: the bad thing is... I've actually SEEN the differences on a friends computer (and actually flown the PMDG 700 to for a few hours!), so... I reall y want the 800/900 functions and looks on my 700, so I'm going to have to save some extra money now... ;)Jeroen van Engelen

Guest Boone

Hi Jeroen,I wasn't to keen on the extra expense at first either, but I can assure, in fact I guarantee, it is worth it!Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."