Sign in to follow this  
Guest prichards

How about 1 installer??

Guest prichards

Why can't you guys make 1 installer for the 600-700 that includes all the updates and one installer for the 800-900 that also includes all the updates? Its a pain installing 4 or 5 exe's to get the 737 up to date! I followed the update directions word for word and now when I add liveries they are messed up!

Guest Buck Bolduc

Maybe you installing stuff in the wrong sequence. Or you also may have corrupted some files in doing so. I would use the removal program on PMDG's website and reinstall everything from scratch.1:fs92:PMDG 6/7003:Version update 1.34:PMDG 8/9005:Version update 1.0 (I think?) for 8/900Then all you livery's.If tht dont fix it then your OS or pehaps a hardware problem is the culprit.Good Luck

Pretty simple, it was like this before and was more of a problem than downloading the files separtely. The file would be out of range for dialup users and having two downloads, one for broadband and one for dialup would create support for two different exes and you can imagine why that would not be good either ;-) Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest prichards

If they created 1 737-600/700 installer that was up to date and 1 737-800/900 installer that was also up to date how would this affect the dial up users? It's less in total to download! they still need to download the base! Up date the base and the files replace the older ones! The file sizes would not increase much if any!Using dial up user as an excuse not upgrade the installers is a poor excuse!Thats like MS not releasing a SP2 and saying its because dial up users connections are too slow!

Guest Eric Lunston

I don't like to be negative but I must agree that installing the PMDG 737 and then having to install 5 or 6 patches on top of the original installation is extremely cumbersome.In addition to being very time consuming there is a good chance one will apply the patches in the wrong order because the entire process has gotten so drawn out.Just a thought - perhaps a product more thoroughly beta tested before release might not require quite so many patches? :)

Guest bigun

Eric,Perhaps if you had any idea of what you were talking about, you would realize that all but the very first "patch", which was issued within a week or two of the initial release of the 737NG, are mainly updates to an already fantastic aircraft. Indeed they also corrected minor glitches along the way but for the most part the updates were just that, updates. In addition, if you had a clue of what is involved in beta testing a complex aircraft like the NG, you would realize that the beta team did an incredible job "squashing" most of the bugs before release.I can't argue that the installation would be easier with one, all incompassing install file. But to make a statement like " Just a thought - perhaps a product more thoroughly beta tested before release might not require quite so many patches?" is not only way "off base" but also way "off topic"

Eric,"I don't like to be negative"Yeah, right! ;-)"having to install 5 or 6 patches on top of the original installation is extremely cumbersome."Well, to my knowledge there is only 1 patch for each product. Actually for the 600/700 there is only 1 base installer. If you don't have it you can probably get it from PMDG after sending them an email.Ok, so what we have is:NG 600/700:1 Base installer version 1.3NG 800/900:1 Base installer version 1.01 Service Update (SU1) to version 1.11 Model Update for the 600/700As I see this it makes 2 patches at the most."perhaps a product more thoroughly beta tested before release mightnot require quite so many patches? :)"I see your smiley and hope it is sincere but may I ask of your experience with beta-testing.Regards,

Guest Eric Lunston

Mats,Well for your information Mr. Smarty Pants I was on the beta team for MSFS2004. Specifically, my job was to make sure the upper level wind transitions were smooth and error-free with the default online weather. You would not believe how many times people complain about it now, sheesh. Some people are just never happy.

The one biggest thorn in my behind is exactly that, the upper level wind transistions. What happened with that if it was a known bug? Call it a feature instead? :-spam1 I think you just shot yourself down in flames there capt. Jay Eklund - Pilot 4332Senior VP Denver Operationshttp://www.pacificwestairways.com

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Eric needs to take a hike to the local curtusy store because he seems to have forgoten his manners, oh sorry he does not have any! Ok Peter Tishma. Eric (Peter piper) have you talked to Araine about the 1000 itmes that are messed up yet? I mean 1000+ simple things NOT modelled correctly. How bout a simple one. Do you know what happens when you push V/S?????????????? Well do you? Let me give you a hint, it DOES NOT open ot a GIVEN RATE lol like the Ariane! My gosh the thing does not have simple ALTITUDE ALERT and you are here whining about the minor PMDG things? Loooks like you need a NG lesson pal because you are really pushing the realms of "I know what I am talking about"!! So get out and stay out, no one wants you here..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest bigun

"Mr. Smarty Pants":-roll :-lol :-hang Eric, with a comment like that, I have to assume you are very young. If so, please accept my apology for getting on your case,,,,If you are not very young,,,,again,,accept my apology for getting on your case.:-violin

You won't be surprised by any of Eric Lunston's comments if you understand that he is here with a well defined pro-Ariane agenda. His facts are wrong, his opinions are worthless and even whether he owns PMDG 737 is debatable. He is one big fake. His name may even be wrong. I don't believe a single word he is saying. His age might be the least offending factor here ;-)Michael J.

Guest rugerdog

Randy, Sometimes I really think you hype on these posts more to distract from the original subject matter of a thread that might show PMDG in a bad light, even in the smallest detail, rather than to acknowlege something that could be improved with a PMDG product. Criticism can be construed as constructive or simply dissuaded altogether. I would hope you might learn do the former. Channel some of your negative energy back into panel design. Your landing view panel for the PIC767 is nothing short of brilliant because of several unique innovations on your part. You posess a lot of talent in this design field.Your talent is wasted amongst the back and forth muckraking rheotoric on these threads IMHO.

Yes you are right. I will lose this battle because in the end no one wins. I suppose I should consentrate on things that really matter here. I believe everyone already knows what is going on here like Micheal has stated, so need I to go on ignore mode pronto. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |