Sign in to follow this  
Guest Navajo

V1

Guest Navajo

Anyone know what the V1 means?

Hi :)I believe that's from when you've pushed one of the buttons on the EFIS panel (forgot label) and it's supposed to display the radial from a certain fix. Clearly it's displaying V1 as opposed to the radial in this example. Personally I also seem to often have problems as it's availability tends to be rather sporadic, working one flight but not the next.Hmmm,Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211ZAB & SSY Observer (OBS)http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.pngMSN - gbalean@hotmail.comCaution! Not a real ATC, but I do sit around all day in an airconditioned office :-dohP4 2.4gHz | ASUS P4G8X Deluxe | 512 DDR 333 | LG L1710S 17" LCD | GeForce MX440 MS | Soundblaster Audigy | Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 | Win XP Pro | CH Yoke & Rudder

Guest wkzzo

Its what you nav 1 radio is tuned to (vor 1) when you push the position switch(POS)on EFIS it draws a radial to the vor you are tuned to.

Do you mean on the airspeed indicator? during take off V1 is the descision speed to abort the take off or continue the tkf. If you do all of the planning on the FMC the "virtual copilot" will say....."V1"..."Rotate" (Vr)....(after liftoff)...."V2". Hope this answers you question. Tyler

Guest Navajo

I know about V1 VR V2, but in this case I was in flight. The second reply is right (about VOR) I just forgot to change the frequency for the landin rwythanks all