Sign in to follow this  
captdini

A few questions

Hi guys,I have a coupla questions. 1.) I fly the EFIS/MAP config. When I am tuned into an ILS and both switches on the EFIS panel selected to VOR, the No.1 needle(the thinner green one) disappears. This is correct. But at the same time why does the DME also disappear? Is it an MSFS constraint? Also if the switches are selected to ADF on the EFIS panel, DME disappears even though one or both VOR/DME are tuned.2.) How do I get the TCAS range ring around the a/c symbol to display? I am not talking about the arcs on the display when TFC is selected, but the circle around the "nose" of the aircraft symbol.Thanks a ton,Dinshaw.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hi guys,>>I have a coupla questions. >>1.) I fly the EFIS/MAP config. When I am tuned into an ILS and>both switches on the EFIS panel selected to VOR, the No.1>needle(the thinner green one) disappears. This is correct. But>at the same time why does the DME also disappear? Is it an>MSFS constraint? Also if the switches are selected to ADF on>the EFIS panel, DME disappears even though one or both VOR/DME>are tuned.>>2.) How do I get the TCAS range ring around the a/c symbol to>display? I am not talking about the arcs on the display when>TFC is selected, but the circle around the "nose" of the>aircraft symbol.>>Thanks a ton,>>Dinshaw.The VOR disapears, dont worry about it. As long as Nav1 is set at the correct frequency you will track whatever your course selectoer is set at.For TCAS go to the radio panel and look to the left of your transponder knob, thiers another knob. Turn it to the right, either of the last two positions. Go back to your panel view and click on the left hand knob on the EFIS, the one that gives you plan mode. Push it in with your mouse. That engages TCAS.By the way, just above the knob you clicked on the transponder panel there is a switch. It gives you the ability to look up, down, or ahead for TCAS senseing.Luck

"2.) How do I get the TCAS range ring around the a/c symbol to>display? I am not talking about the arcs on the display when>TFC is selected, but the circle around the "nose" of the>aircraft symbol.>>Thanks a ton,>>Dinshaw." In the PMDG MENU remove the TCAS RINGS. I believe this causes the tcas cirle to show. Some airlines have one and others have the large rings. Westjet has the type you are talking about..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Nickman

NAV1 radio is used mostly for your navigation, while NAV2 is used more for information. If you want to see VOR Needle/DME come alive for a ILS Freq, use VOR2 and you should see it come alive.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hi Nick and Buck,Thanks for the replies. Buck,that the VOR1 needle disappears when tuned to the ILS is correct. Not worried about that. My question had more to do with DME. If I have my radios tuned to VOR/DME(s) and the switches are both selected to VOR then I do get the bearing and distance on the RMI for the particular VOR/DME. Now if I also have my ADF radios tuned to NDB(s), and I select the switches to ADF then the needle will turn from green to blue and show the bearing to the NDB(s). But the DME reading disappears. On the aircraft you will still get the DME readout of the VOR/DME previously tuned. Similarily, if I have both NAV radios tuned to an ILS/DME then yes, No.1 needle will disappear as it does on the aircraft, but the DME readout should not. No.2 needle continues to show the bearing and DME. With regards to TCAS I have no issue on the operations. Infact in Jet Airways, the TFC button is never deselected. Just turn on the transponder before lining up. The TFC button is always "kept on" :)return the transponder back to stby after landing :)Hi Randy,Your solution worked. Thanks :) But you can only have one or the other. With the SHOW TCAS RINGS option deselected you get the circle I mentioned about. I think this is basically a 3NM radius of area around the a/c. But if you select the w/x button on the EFIS panel, the range arcs dont show up. They show up if the above option in the menu is selected. Then pressing the TFC or w/x button will bring up the arc rings but not the circle. heheheeh :) Thanks once again for your reply.Cheers guys,Dinshaw.