Sign in to follow this  
Wolfgang Lang

Upcoming B747 feature?

You will have to wait until you see the futures!!But Randazzo, promised us that we can expect some pics and info soon. :)PS. I guess fueldump will be avail, but the way you ask this question, looks like you missed the fuel dumping option in the B737NG, Am I right??? Should it be an interest for you, the NG never had an option for dumping fuel, not in real and not with PMDG eather. :)

thanks ramon,but waiting is not always the best solution.but i dont miss the fuel dumping option in the 737, because this acft is not for long hauls. this point of view changes with the 747.by the way, i am able to use the search function, so i read the fuel dump thread about the 737. :)

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Ramon, you read the articles concernening fuel dump, but not the forum rules ? (hint : name)

yes very funny. nice to get a answere like yours mr. apostel tztzi dont need a signature, i am logged in with my real name.... betweenits Wolfgang and not "Wolflang".

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Guest Paul Heaney

Me thinks Thomas needs a new prescription for his glasses.

Guest venquessa

Can I draw a little on the "long haul" point someone made and say...With the 747 it can get pretty boring up there for hours on end, having things to do will make it so much more "playable".I don't know, but, em... I suppose the fual transfer and balance, let alone temps are now computer controlled in the 747-400? Those might be nice to keep one occupied.I am sure/hope there will be plenty of gadgets and things to play with.

Guest zip

Top 10 things to do while flying the "whale" at cruise alt:1) use the time to read the friendly manual2) see how many ways the FMC can be programmed3) see if the copilot is really Condi Rice (switch to outside view)4) random engine fires are always fun, divert to nearest field5) chat with online ATC (it can get lonely out there too)6) come up with theory on how ground spoilers work (sic)7) research the famous 4x feature (but don't do that online!)9) for heaven's sake, eat something (stay away from fish, go for the cardboard chicken w/sauce, something about high alt and recycled air is bad for the fish) - don't forget the courtesy pretzel (1)10) see how far that captain's chair will reclineThis said, I think there's a util out there that will pause the sim when you get within x miles of a fix.

May I also suggest that you start your longhaul in the evening (your local time) so that you will arrive to your destination in the morning. Therefore you can just sleep over the night and let the trusty autopilot handle the flight. ;) You may want to set up an alarm clock at certain times during the night if you need to monitor fuel or check for anything else.

Guest thscholz

>4) random engine fires are always fun, divert to nearest>fieldTalking about diverting...this thread (like many others:-( ) has 'diverted'. Wolfgang was asking about fuel dumping.;-) CheersThomas

No answer to the original question, but the answer to your question is that in a 744 there aren

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

"I don't know, but, em... I suppose the fuel transfer and balance, let alone temps are now computer controlled in the 747-400?"There is limited control over fuel temperature, Paul. There is an interchange of heat between the engine oil and the fuel at the engine, but that's about it. If your fuel starts freezing when you're flying over the Poles, you will have to descend or speed up.There shouldn't be any need to balance fuel unless you lose an engine... or have large leak somewhere. As for fuel transfer, this is assisted by EICAS messages. If you see a message, you respond to that message. Basically, with full tanks, you switch all the pumps on and select all valves to open, then as fuel is burnt off, you switch off pumps in the tanks which are empty... It doesn't take long to master.Fuel jettison is not quite as intuitive however, but I'm sure that will be explained in someone's tutorial when the time comes.Cheers.Ian.