Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark erina

Fuel Loading

Guest mark erina

GreetingsI had to abort a flight this morning because the FS9 wouldn't let me change the fuel load. I used the "change fuel" menu in FS9 as well as Ross Carlson's Fuel Planner both to no avail. The fuel setting would change as desired only momentarily but then always reverted back to a full tank load !! (and a weight load which I couldn't get safely get off the ground on a 7,000 ft rwy at +25 celcius conditions). Very frustrating - this is the first time this had happened to me and I have no idea whats wrong or how to fix it. Any ideas?Mark A. ErinaVirtual Westjet Pilot 118

MarkIt could also be that you had the engines running. From the top of my head I seem to remember that you have to have the engines shut down or the sim paused for fuel to load properly in the NG. It's not really a good idea to refuel with the engines running. ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest Lenny Zaman

at Blue Panorama Airlines is't a common thing done on the 767...It's stated that this is even an approved procedure and much more safe than having a groundcrew scraping something over the tarmac...Greets

Well, what do you know! I still learn something new everyday at this forum! :-)But I don't think it's a common procedure? Cheers,

Sure you don't have 'unlimited fuel' set in FS 'aircraft realism' settings?

Guest mark erina

Thanks everybody for the suggestions!I think the probable culprit was parking too close to the re-fueling station - DUH !!! The flight planned was Prince George (CYXS) to Vancouver (CYVR) and CYXS is a SMALL airport and I do remember the bloody fuel bar situated pretty close to the aircraft. I usually start my flights from a large airport and that isn't a concern - I guess you really do learn something new each day.Cheers to all Mark ErinaWestjet Virtual Pilot 118