Sign in to follow this  
Chris18

Where did you fly today?

Guest Dominik Mann

...in FS, that is :-) .Me, I flew a CX A330 from Hong Kong to Colombo. Landed in darkness and heavy rain and touched down slightly to the right of the centreline, but still safely.

me?...... well.. 2 flights today, cos I got no work today! :-)This morning I took the baron over the sierras from Lone pine to mariposaand this afternnon the old 747-400 from glasgow to JFK.a nice 4nm vis at JFK added to the atmosphere.I love it:-)Pete

Guest Dominik Mann

Which models, if I may ask? :-)

My new Trumpeter 1/32 Shenyang FT-6 Trainer (man, I suddenly have a desire to get every 1/32 Trumpeter model ever made...fantasic stuff!), and my 707 :-)I can't wait to finish the L1011 and A-4K though. Time to get on to some of the big birds :-lolhttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/FS_..._banner_je3.jpg I took your love for grantedAnd all the things you said to meI need your arms to welcome meBut a cold stone's all I see

Let's see....on 7/7....I flew a Bonanza 35 from PHX to San Diego.... Stopped there for a bit, then flew on up to Oxnard after a short circuit of downtown San Diego.... By then it was getting dark, so I was able to enjoy the LA city lights as I headed east, concluding my flight in Palm Springs. Most memorable part of the flight was passing by LAX @ 4000 ft between San Diego and Oxnard... Looked uncannily real!

Guest Lindy

No flying yet today for me..... I've been working. But over the holiday I started a trip from the Avsim Bush scenery up to Anchorage in my Seabee. Lovely rugged country up there. The SeaBee isn't the speediest bird, but it can land just about anyplace.I'm taking the trip in easy stages; locating and landing at various bush strips along the way. Hopefully I'll reach Anchorage tonight. If not tonight, then tomorrow for us.-Lindy :-wave (strictly small plane and in-training chopper pilot)

Guest The Ancient Brit

I flew a 737-400 out of Paro, Bhutan (VQPR) to Tribhuvan, Nepal (VNKT) as part of a round the world trip. Paro has a runway length of 6,512, the snag is not only is it at the bottom of a deep valley but for good measure the runway is in a

Great idea for a post. We should have one a week for posting your best flight of the week. I took the FSD Cheyenne out to test my new yoke mounted timer with some instrument proficiency training. I took off from RW 09 at Henry E. Rohlsen in St Croix USVI. Off to the east to fly over the St Croix VOR and then into holding on the 077 radial. I did a teardrop entry and using my new countdown timer I flew 5 laps in holding at 2400ft admiring the view of this tropical island paradise and then returned to the field for an ILS to RW09. The procedure turn was a snap and then I hand flew (as I always do) the glideslope right down to 311ft decision height and set her down a little fast and slightly long but right on centerline. Love this hobby and this plane!http://members.shaw.ca/madamo/Avsim_sig_KP.jpg

I took an easy flight for my VA (http://www.timberwolfair.com)today after flying jets (737-200) for the past week. A charter that involved flying 3 hunters from Fort Nelson (CYYE) to La Biche River (CFP6) and returning to Fort Nelson. The weather was with us as we departed CYYE RWY 3 in the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan.My approach into La Biche was fine, until 350ft off the deck a small herd of deer decide to inhabit the runway!!!:-eek :-eek Ooopppps, flaps up, power on, tell passengers to hold on as it may get bumpy, but all turned out well.I guess the sound of the P&W PT6A winding up scared our friends off the runway so on the next approach all was well.Dropped off my hunting party, and hopped back to Fort Nelson.All in a days bush flying I guess. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and if it keeps up I am going to put a 'roo bar (bush or push bar if you like) on the Caravan!:-lol :-lolOh by the way did you know that you can land a 737 on gravel runways!!!! Here is the page I got this info from:http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737-200/background.htmlDavid Duffy TWF268 Timberwolf Air: "Anything, Anytime, Anywhere.We Deliver." http://www.timberwolfair.com/

KBMI-KOSH in the Commander 115TC with my personal repaint and Garmin Avionics setup. At first I tried with some friends on multiplayer but MSN Messenger crashed it (I guess microsoft is the only company that could cause their products to crash each other). I eventually restarted it, and it went perfectly.Scott

Guest Dominik Mann

This morning: Moscow to Athens on Roman Skorykh's Tu-154 :-) . Air traffic controller at LGAT was late in giving me vectors, so I had to go around for safety concerns, but in the end I landed safely.

Flew from KMEM to KTUL and back to KMEM in the Avro Northwest Airlink Livery. I love that plane! Lots of heat and humidity, no wind so it was pretty hazy out there. Flew over my in-laws house in Tulsa before shooting the approach. I wonder if there are any Oklahoma flyers out there besides Dale "the man" Baker?:-kewl