Sign in to follow this  
Chris18

Where did you fly today?

Guest RSmith

Pitt Meadows, Brittish Columbia (Vancouver area) - Missoula, Montana in the Brittish Airways Lear 45. Route north of Spokane, via COE, INE into KMSO. Used this flight to further test / perfect my FDC performance files for the new Lear.Approach into MSO - same FS problem - of getting redirected to the opposing r/w - after being handed off to Tower on final. Due to traffic, had to fly 18 miles d/w, to fit into the landing order !Scheduled for Pitt Meadows over to Bowerman, Washington on the coast today (King Air 350). It's been a `bit choppy in the air - over Seattle this week - via real weather........RonChuluota, Fl.

All these out of the way airports you guys fly to seems great. I feel like a bus driver saying I flew from DFW-LAX for my VA in a 757. :-(

Eric 

Guest The Ancient Brit

Eric,You are closer to the mark with your "bus driver" comment than you realise. I was a London Transport bus driver before retirement and drove on the H25 route out of Heathrow to Hanworth for over eight years doing 5 round trips each day. I knew the names and locations of the 218 side roads I passed plus all the schools, churches and most of the public places. Nothing was allowed on my bus, but certain things were permitted.Why not give the RTWest plans available from Avsim, a whirl. They use not only main ILS equipped airports, but also some of the obscure VFR airports that seem to have taken your fancy. They are FS2K2 GPS plans for the default aircraft and scenery so no special downloads are required, all the navigation is handled by the autopilot, you sit back admiring the scenery watching the world go by underneath. Full flight briefing accompanies each plan.The RTWest plans are not recommended for the nervous or timid pilot. Although starting sensibly, the bush pilot lurking within me has cased the series to become distinctly as unreal as it gets. I must be doing something right however because the last time I checked they had achieved a total of over 20,000 downloads from Avsim.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Yesterday: from Malmo-Sturup (Sweden) to Hamburg-Finkenwerder (Germany) with a Hapag-Lloyd B737-400 (default repainted)Today (if possible): from Hamburg-Finkenwerder (Germany) to Dublin (Eire) on a delivery flight of an Aer Lingus A330-300I always begin a new flight from where the last flight stopped...Bye, bye.

Guest Dominik Mann

Today I took Charles Fox's AA 727 from La Guardia to Indianapolis. Took off shortly before sunrise. On landing in Indy there was a solid cloud cover at 200 feet maximum, coupled with strong wind and heavy rain. Had to go around on my first attempt since I did not get the runway in sight, but when I turned around and tried again I got her down. Landing was a bit shaky due to the strong wind - touched down rather late - but at least the plane stayed in one piece.

Sandiego to John Wayne, then on to Lompac, California in my Beech Bonaza. ;-) It was a nice flight except the LA Area had to be marginal VFR at best and most likely was IFR conditions even though I filed VFR on VATSIM ;-))Lance

Denis,You know, I keep seeing your files for this round the world flight your doing. I just may have to get them and start my trip around the world in between flying for my VA. I sometimes wonder what FS2002 really has to offer as all I ever see are major commercial airports and the ground from FL370.

Eric 

Guest The Ancient Brit

Eric,No wonder you equate your style of flying with bus driving. You have paid the bucks for FS2K2 so why not explore the world and get the bangs! To see what RTWest has to offer navigate to the Noble Air main page and from there to the SIN (Singapore) hub. At the SIN hub you will find a gallery of screenshots that will at least give you a hint of what is out there. Be warned and be advised however, RTWest might change your outlook on virtual flying irrevocably.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Danang, Vietnam to Hong Kong, China in the default 737. Was trying to estimate center tank fuel to correspond with L&R fuel levels and after receiving vectors for a northerly entry into Hong Kong I realized I had underestimated fuel so I cancelled IFR and landed at Macau with 2 gallons in L&R tanks... Scwheeeww!

Took the ol' Dreamfleet 737 (United livery) from KLAX to KSEA. Flew the SID and STAR by hand. Touched a bit farther down the runway than I should've but still well within safety. Beautiful flight!

Hi all,Flew today from Cairo where I was on a weeks holiday visiting the piramids, Aswan dam. I use my DC3 for all internal flights, easier to land in the dessert! Just arrived now in Cyprus via A320, and I,m on the beach in the sun. If you come in from the west you can see my towel between the end of the runway (at Akritria) and the sea.Brave Capt BobIsle of WightEngland

Last flight was from Graz (LOWG) to Vienna (LOWW). Took an A330 OS (Austrian Airlines) for a very shorthaul flight.Today I might be trying LOWW-KIAD with A330 OS again ... starting some longhaul flights this summer. :D