Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

CBT

It is a "pre-full simulator" familiarity tool designed to help pilots become acquainted with aircraft systems through the use of CROM medium while saving on the costs of full motoin and other training devices. CBT stands for COMPUTER BASED TRAINING and are used to teach many programs not just aircraft but things like Sysco Networking etc..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Nickman

Yes, same here. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I feel this topic should be locked to stop further comments. The last thing we should want is a full PMDG fight going on.Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest venquessa

Yeh Ha!I bet a lot of you don't come from Ireland. This kind of behaviour is often savoured in pubs and bars over here. It's called banter and it's a mixture of often childish and more often low down snipe attacks on oneself and other people you love or hate.Shame we can't have food in the forumn, I suspect this thread would have resulted in a food fight before now.On the point about impersonating things you are not, I have often wondered about so claimed, IRL pilots and what their airline would say, should the CEO arrive and read a few threads in here. I'm fairly sure they would be embarressed. For one real pilots offering advice and as all people they make mistakes from time to time, sure no-one dies from it in Sim Land, but it would stand as a serious embarressment that a pilot from aiurline X got some basic operating fact wrong on a forum. Worse, revealed a misfortune of their company that might possible risk lives. If I ran or owned the airline, I would personally disipline the person for shouting their mouth off about company business and duties in here. Maybe thats just me.An EG: Quantas vs. Virgin Blue banter. That should be kept to the ready room / dispatch centers and amongst real pilots, not in a public forum. IMHO.I don't want to finger anyone, but I have read things from so called IRL pilots that don't meet up with the AOM's or other sources. Also admittion of simply not knowning certain facts, maybe they aren't meant to know, but still it stands that as an airline pilot you have face to keep for your airline and the people lives it risks everyday. The people in the back need to think you are a God of the skies, 110% proficent and you don't want to harm that reputation or people will not want to fly with your airline. See my point?

Guest bigun

Exactly,I hope no one took offense to this thread or any of my comments. If so, I appologize. I think everyone who responded to this thread did it with "tongue in cheek", meaning nothing malicious was meant. The thread started with someone asking for something that was really not approriate. Several legitimate responses were given, and then the "fun" started. I think this particular type of hoopla does no harm and is sometimes refreshing and entertaining. I don't think anyone meant any harm towards Brandon. If he felt any, I'm sorry. Brandon can be anything he wants to be on this forum:)

Guest glassb

Agreed! This particular thread is all just been fun and giggles from all around. All comments by myself and others were all entertaining. It's especially interesting when youv'e got over 70 posts responding to one particular question; very funny! It's these little moments in life that can be refreshing. And if I have taken offense to anyone I am as well sorry. Were all sophisticated people who enjoy a little fun sometimes. Nothing more :-). Regards,Brandon Glass

Hi Brandon,Well since I kinda resurrected this one... and as it has already been stated that this is a highly entertaining thread... let's throw on some more wood and keep it going!! :-)Concerning

Guest glassb

To tell you the absolute truth, I'm really a second officer for Airtran. I have been flying for a few years now and I'm now just recovering from the vertical dive I put my B717 in the other day. Hey, do you know any good lawyers? Because I've got a hell of a lawsuit on my hands, well, at least Airtran tells me! I dont know what the big deal is though with the courts in all; I told them I was just having a little fun. Now I have to find a new job. Got any suggestions?Ducking for cover as well,Brandon

Guest glassb

This post should be re-named to 'Entertainment Tonight'. Don't you agree? :-lol rgds,Brandon

:-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao

Ok... well that answers it you are definitely a reporter or a fanatic.Ducking back into the hole... :-lol

Guest glassb

:-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-roll :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao BRANDON GLASS

"...I have read things from so called IRL pilots that don't meet up with the AOM's or other sources."No argument here... but you must take the following into consideration.1. Manuals are usually airline and aircraft (registration) specific (Just because the manual you have says this, it doesn't mean the manual the pilot has says the same thing).2. Manuals can be wrong...and I've often found they are. The Maintenance Manual is a good example of this... missing lines/data, enough spelling mistakes to make you wonder if 40,000 Volts is on pin x rather than pin y, etc).3. Manuals are regularly updated, so you have to make sure that you have the latest one, complete with all current NOTAMS. How many of us here can claim to have manuals which have just come from an aircraft?4. Some manuals may oversimplify (pushing button "x" will result in "y"... true, but not if electrical bus "z" is switched off or data input "w" is missing).Remember that the pilot is on the front line. He probably has a better idea of how an aircraft actually behaves/operates as a whole than a lot of the guys who put these manuals together.Cheers.Ian.

Guest glassb

Ian,He was just messin around when he said all that. Rgds,Brandon

Guest Josve

An engineer died and ended up in Hell. He was not pleased with the level of comfort in Hell, and began to redesign and build improvements. After a while, they had toilets that flush, air conditioning, and escalators. Everyone grew very fond of him. One day God called to Satan to mock him, "So, how's it going down there in Hell?" Satan replied, "Hey, things are great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."God was surprised, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake. He should never have gotten down there in the first place. Send him back up here.""No way," replied Satan. "I like having an engineer, and I'm keeping him." God threatened, "Send him back up here now or I'll sue!" Satan laughed and answered, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?":) Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div