Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jbrady2020

Passenger cabin? how do i enable it?

Guest Jbrady2020

hey all how do i enable the passenger cabin? i saw onthe flightsim.com review that i have to have active camera 2004. is this true? this is truly disappointing if i have to pay extra money for an already expensive add on that forces me to pay $15 more to see the interior of the cabin. it should automatically be enabled. let me know if my fears are founded if not let me know what i need to do in order to get the passenger cabin to be used so i can walk through it sit in it or whatever i please. It would be truly messed up if i have to pay $15 to see the passenger cabin. let me knwo what the deal is.

Guest Jbrady2020

okay understandable, where would the guidelines be? could you let me knwo what are the guidelines? or perhaps point me to them with a link? just wondering, i dont want to step on anyone's toes by inadvertently going against the guidelines. would that be the "terms of use" link at the top where it says "notice"?? if so i dont recall having 2 accounts im using this one strictly for PDMG uses. if i do let me know what they are and ill delete one or you guys can perhaps. like i said i dont wanna step on any toes inadvertantly breaking the rules. either way i got my question answered through a email. thanx for the "welcome come on in" open arms feeling.:)

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/87709.jpg Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest venquessa

Assuming you will come back in with your real name soon I will answer you.In short, you need active camera, which allows you to move the camera in the VC around the cockpit and cabin, or place it outside and walk around the plane on the ground, plus much more.The demo can be downloaded, and it works perfectly in Seattle area, but is disabled when you leave the area.You can also sacrafice a view like the "UP" view or the "BACK" view, which are more or less useless, unless you happen to be trying to find an airport while in a 80 degree bank.To do this, which I haven't tried yet, I might add, you need to first find the right coordinates using Active camera in Seattle for the view you want, and then edit the aircraft config file and change the view point of the UP and BACK views, say to give you Cabin overvierw and a passenger wing view.It's probably not too easy though.Good luck.If anyone has any better ideas I would love to here them.

Guest Jbrady2020

Kinda of a strange policy but hey whatever gets the current flowing faster.onto the subject at hand. i wish bring up the issue im sure everyone has, did anyone in support ( and im sure this has been drummed into your noggins til you wanted to scream im sure.. dont dont dance around me with fire sticks just yet....) just like in the latest pc pilot review if you read it i agreed with the same conclusion,although an awesome add on why not use a licensed version of active camera 2004? kinda defeats the point of paying $68 on addon just to find out you have to pay $15 more just to see the rest of the plane which should of been included ( ala A320 pilot in command), and then find out from the support for a basic translation "your on your own kid this what we started out with, they wanted to go payware not our fault, but thanx for your $68 perhaps we'll see what we can do ". Im sure im gonna get flamed on by you guys but i think this is an issue that has been addressed by other users, as for me im not rich and im not poor but having to spend $83 to see the whole entire plane??? hey i love a good add on, but sweet mercy!is there a possibility of a licensed version? please say it is!!! for the love pete!! tell me it is lolJames<---better?

Guest bigun

James,Nope. If you want a licensed version of Active Camera, you have to pay for it. Fact is, Active Camera is not owned, operated or developed by the PMDG folks. The NG flys and looks great without Active Camera. I would suggest that you purchase Active Camera also. It's a great program and adds a lot to Flight Sim. I've been on the forum since long before the NG and honestly, very few folks have had an issue with this. Those that want the Virual Cabin view buy Active Camera, those that don't and don't want the additional benifits of Active Camera don't buy it. Also, drawing any kind of comparison betweed the PIC320 and the PMDG 737NG as far as quality or support is kind of far fetched HMHO.

Now I know why they invented punctuation and capital letters, and why Avsim has a policy against dual memberships....James, while I can appreciate your frustration, the PMDG 737-800/900 Upgrade's product page clearly indicates the cabin is for owners of Active Camera. Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

You would be suprised James that this really has only been a sore spot with very few folks since the release of this aircraft that I can recall. Of course, most of us do not even care for VCs or cabins but others certainly do and have a right to ask. Active Camera seems to be the only way to get into the cabin, I am sure if there was a simple way to provide this PMDG would do it but if Active Camera guys can sell a product to do this for "all" aircraft than it must be a little more than a simple tweak to make it work. The next logical question would be should PMDG even provide a Cabin at all if one has to purchace another add-on to use it? I for one say away with the Cabin since it eats up resources and frame rates but others believe for this to be a full product a cabin is needed. Heck I could have lived without an exterior model! just give me a correct flight model and system trainer ;-).Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Jbrady2020

Now I know why they invented punctuation and capital letters, and why Avsim has a policy against dual memberships....James, while I can appreciate your frustration, the PMDG 737-800/900 Upgrade's product page clearly indicates the cabin is for owners of Active Camera.Best,Vin ScimonePMDG1)Whats with the above response vin, puncuation? capital letters? we arent in high school Im not looking to get an A+ for my grammar. I am not flaming lets get that straightened out. I just wish to understand the hostility soon as I walk through the proverbial door? ever since my first post you have been a bit arrogant and if not down right condesending to me, hence the above response you tailored indirectly to me.Thank you for "appreciating" my frustration; however, I am merely a consumer who bought a product and wish to have a few questions answered which is to say the least, my right as a consumer. I was direct, I was polite, I was tactful. I will however admit that I did not realize in amidst of my frustration to look for "PDMG guidelines" when stated since I was rather focused on getting my answerd on a question.For that I apologize, others have done it, I have done it, and I am sure I wont be the last.2)As for the comparision? Let me elaborate, I was merely pointing out the similarity to the feature that include the passenger cabin, nothing more. Am I to understand support allow comparisions as long as they are "tactful" and not belittling against the other?3)I am staying within the guidelines of the forum, so I hope there is no further correspondence from you (vin) that shows hostility or any other negative responses. I posted a question about the 737 NG that I wished to have specified to me, by either the support team, or the kindness of other users who know of solutions or ways to solve my problem. Either way I hope from now on I will recieve the utmost respect regarding any questions I may have from here on in and visa versa.4) It is correct to say some people enjoy the "full" product of both VC and passenger cabin. I am a big admirer of VC's and 737 NG's was superbly done,not to mention the exterior model which is a sight to behold at 20,000 feet, the FMC is awesome work which i learned for the first time last night which adds definitely adds more depths and realism to my flights. But I'll admit, just like I enjoy VC's others enjoy passenger cabins are willing to purhcase whatever is needed to soak in the full depth and realism of the product so I am not gonna knock them all comes down what you are willing to use, or prefer.In the end I hope I do not come across as the bad guy with my long post, but I felt it had to be voiced, whether or not the forum support agrees with my post or not, I just want to come here and feel that something is being done. So far its been shaky at best though a few of you addressed my concerns now. Lets hope in the future things get better.Thank you very much,James Brady**Then again thats just my opinion I could be wrong.-Dennis Miller

Guest bigun

Mr. Brady,Firstly, I am the one who mentioned the comparison with the PIC320, and I am not PMDG support. Just another happy owner:)Secondly, You probably didn't receive a very warm welcome because your first post did indeed come across very demanding and rather rude. At least that's the way I took it. Thirdly, as far as Vin pointing out for you to state your name, that is the policy of this forum and I feel a very good one. I like to know who I'm communicating with. It really doesn't matter what the other forums do. Vin is one of the best sources of information on this forum and is very, very willing to help anyone he can. He has definately helped me several times. But, like most in this forum, we indeed are very protective" of our baby (the PMDG 737NG) and when someone comes in right off the bat and starts "demanding" explanations for something they feel is a shortcoming, it kinda goes over like pay toilets in a diarrhea ward if you know what I mean:-roll I believe you will find most everyone here is very helpful and a great group of folks, but we can be buggers too when needed.Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Guest Jbrady2020

i dont think it came across rude, maybe somewhat demanding, yes( who doesnt when they are frustrated), but rude? eh thats debateable. but on either end I will take your word for it since you have a history with this place and know him better than me. As being very protective I can understand that I do work in 3d modeling so I am a bit protective of my work myself so I can understand his response...to some degree just ask him to be a bit choosy with his responses from now on and ill do the same. once again thank you gun for the welcome I appreciate it. and yes we can all be buggers from time to time.i think ill just pass on the active camera 2004 after all. save myself $15 :(

James,You mentioned A320 PIC as an example of an aircraft that included the ability to view the cabin...actually this example IS quite appropriate in this thread but not in relation to PMDG, but in relation to Active Camera: A320 PIC was made by the same people (Anticyclone) who make ActiveCamera 2004, and as such included a limited version of this very same technology...Best,Martijn

Guest spike

Hione thing that has been overlooked is the fact that PMDG supplies a lot of good Quality liveries free when others charge, take these into concideration and everyone has to agree that the 737NG is the best value and most real as it gets add-on around even without active camera.I have Active Camera and find this enhances everything in FS9 and consider it a bonus that PMDG have built in support for this good add-on in the 737NG.Keep em comeing PMDGSpike