Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

Flickering Panel after update

Hello All -I've noticed since I've updated my 737-800/900 the panel flickers every now and then. It never happened previously. Any one else experiencing this? Or am I losing my mind :-)Thanks,Rob S.Delta Virtual Airlines737-800 Captain

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest Nickman

Could it be that your video card is old? Can you post more details like when it happens, etc?Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest ba747heavy

I get it too, but I believe the problem is with my hardware, not the PMDG plane. I haven't, however, figured out what the culprit is.

It very well could be my video card. I've been planning on replacing it this month anyways. I guess a good enough excuse :-) . I also noticed I started using Active Sky 04 and VATSIM when this happened. I'll try turning that off and fly offline to see how it goes. Any good suggestions for a video card within the $100-150 range?Thanks,Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Guest ba747heavy

>Hey Fred I am getting to. Don't you have a Radeon?I have a GeForce4 Ti4600. Ancient techonology these days :)

Guest ben_hewitt

Hey apparently turning off render to texture solves this prob.....not tried it yet.

Guest Rajah

The same here with Club 3D GeFORCEFX-5600It flickers for about 15 seconds and stops. After some time it flickers again. Only in cockpit mode.Frans Dekker / TFF074

Guest zip

I've read somewhere that older NVidia cards can flicker in FS9 if you have hardware AA turned on. Not sure if that's your case though.

Each time the weather updates it makes the panel flicker. I have a Ti4200 and I have noticed it for a very long time. After changing Render to Texture off it goes away. The only thing that I have noticed is that if you are using Chris Willis's DXT3 clouds you will get an error when loading up your initial flight after the Create Flight screen. Chris has an alternet set in his files that are for 32bit format that enables you to have render to texture unchecked. Most of my aircraft are DXT3 and I have not seen any ill effects as far as they are concerned, only in the clouds.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I thought I read somewhere by turning this off you will lose functions like cockpit glass reflectivity and have reduced panel clarity?Anyone really know what FS uses this function for?

I noticed an occasional flicker that seems to have started around the time I installed DirectX 9.0C.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sorry it took me long to respond -I had no panel flickers when flying "offline". It maybe a SQbox issue. I'll try VATSIM tonight and see if I get the same results.(Sorry If this is not allowed in this forum - disregard if so)Also, I'm looking into a ATI Radeon Pro 9600 256DDR .. Anyone using this or recommends I stay away from it?Regards,-Rob

Rob Sciarrino

I just upgraded to that card (ATI Radeon Pro 9600 256DDR). It's good but not great. I would go for the 9800 instead if you can swing it. The frame rates are not bad most of time (I have them locked at 20), but I find that sometimes the frame rates drops to ~12-14 when in higher density scenery, specifically World Airports 2, and that's on a 3 GHZ P4 with 1 GB memory.