Sign in to follow this  

California Coast By Allan Wheeler

I haven't had a lot of time to fly lately, but today (skipping work!), I decided to treat myself. And boy oh boy.. what a treat! If you haven't yet downloaded Allan's California Coast Scenery yet, do so! Three files make up this package; the scenery itself, static aircraft and then the AI and Flightplans file. Put it all together and you have an excellent add-on to FS2002. Airports included are:PRB Paso Robles Municipal AirportSBP San Luis Obispo AirportL52 Oceano AirportSMX Santa Maria AirportLPC Lompoc AirportVBG Vandenberg Airforce BaseIZA Santa Ynez AirportSBA Santa Barbara AirportGreat job Allan! I look forward to more of your work.You can find all three files in today's uploads.

What, no Clover field? (Only, at one point in time, the busiest small airport in the U.S.)Okay, I'm off to download these guys... well, at least as soon as I get home from work. LOL.

Guest Heather 636

Hear, hear on that scenery package! Brings back a lot of memories flying around over that. Did a lot of my growing up out there.If you haven't, GET IT!!Cheers!HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

For those of you who don't know Al, he's one of the most self-critical scenery designers we have. His latest version of CC Coast is, as Tom says, excellent. Check out Morro Rock, the smoking power station chimneys (stacks ?) at Morro bay, the mountain reservoirs with yachts and overspilling water, the line of palms at Santa Barbara, the detail is endless and fantastic. Add Ihor's picture-perfect Santa Barbara Mission building and you won't fly anywhere else! Al won't be satisfied, of course - he never rests on his laurels. Grab it! (See my earlier posts in the Scenery forum for screenshots of Al's beta version).

Thanks for the kind words, Tom.Al Wheeler

I could not agree more about this scenery...I spent yesterdy afternoon flying a beech 18 out of KSBA and was blown away with what I saw. Incidentally, I was flying vatsim with a controller at KBUR approach, filing a vfr f/p...after touring the southern section of Al's scenery, I moved further south to try a landing at KVNY...and waddya know. Another pilot spoke of low clouds and fog...as I got out of the ksba area, and closer to Van Nuys, the fog took over. So, with the OK of the vatsim controller, I changed to an ifr plan for my approach and landing. this hobby just gets better and better!. Thanks to everyone who helps make that the case!Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Where would we find Allan's scenery?Thanks---Jerry---