Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Mr. Eric Lunston's Status

I know that Mr. Lunston has been an irritant here for some time. Until today however, he had not violated our policies. That changed with a very provocative post by him in the MSFS forum today. He has now been removed from membership in our forums, and will not be allowed back. I just thought you would like to know.

Guest bigun

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Tom!:-jumpy

That should give people some perspective on recent (criticized) posts by Randy vis-a-vis Eric Lunston's posts.Michael J.

I would like to appolgize to the members of Avsim and to Tom for not being man enough to step back from this issue and letting my personal feelings get the best of me. I do get bent out of shape when others seem a bit negative about the 737, this is no excuse for the way I act. I am not happy at all knowing that others have been put off because of my re-actions here, some who have known me for a long time see this. I love to help others, for now on if anyone wishes to argue then will have to do it without me. I desire once again to come here without that awful gut feeling that another battle is brewing. Now I also know there are some members that will never like me and will at times put in their 02 about how Randy is. I am not interested in going personal anymore, I have stated that I am wrong for my actions and expect those who disagree to take it for what it is and not to throw gas on a going out fire. I do have a strong personality and that is just who I am. Most of all let's try to go back to a forum for support, for sharing our mutual love of flight simming. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest danowat

Thank heavens for that, he was an irritating little s**tDan.

Guest bigun

Randy,There is absolutely no need for an appology in my humble opinion. I believe that everyone here with any sense at all knew what Eric's agenda was about. The fact that you were a little more "aggressive":-bang than most :) is OK too. Your contribution to this forum and to the PMDG products is well known and appreciated by most folks. Hell, would you believe there are actually people out there that don't like me either!!!!:-roll Hang in there buddy.

Guest boxjockey99

Why is it I always seem to miss these little chunks of excitement ah well sounds like we're better of without the little scroat! Randy, you may be a little easy to get wound up but I think that can be excused by most when it is borne in mind how much effort you put into this poduct and this forum. And the lifetime acheivement award for Avsim forums goes to....Happy trailsKris

Guest Philip Olson

Randy, You are fine and don't need to apologize. Look, I can't count the times that I have written a nasty response to people on this forum, but so far I have been lucky, I have deleted them before I hit the post button. :-) We all have unique personalities, I am part German and I can come off as a really arrogant person even though I am not. I think that a large part of the problem is that many people in today's society are a little too touchy, they take things too seriously, and they think that someone that is expressing their views is an attack on them personally. What it comes down to is that you are a very helpful person here on the forums and many people respect you for that. Hopefully people will understand that you, like all of us, are human and given to passion and emotion about what you believe in, it is a part of life. I really respect your decision to "tone down" your posts, that is not an easy thing to do, just like my deleting a post before I even post it. Anyway, please don't feel bad for being passionate about your beliefs, we all are!Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Stefan Bergert

Though I didn't read any previous stuff from Eric Lunston, I read his violating post...and I enjoyed it because it was very ironic and sarcastic (though it was, off course, also aggressive and provocative as a result). I thought it was meant to be fun, not meant to be taken really serious.Stefan Bergert

Stefan and all,In the context of what was taking place in the MSFS forum at the time, it was a deliberate attempt to further stir things up and provoke another flame war on the subject. Pure and simple. It was flame bait in the guise of "humor". Had it been posted in the absence of any discussion going on at the time about commercial water textures and, it would have been allowed to remain. But, given the context, and the intention, what you see are the results. My apologies to PMDG for cluttering up this forum.