Sign in to follow this  
Jockos

PMDG Cold and Dark

Folks, Feeling a little silly here but I am sure someone will set me straight.I have been flying the 737 for some time now. I have not ventured into the button pushing etc to start from cold. Thought I had better do this for further depth.I actually 'RTFM' and at 0-26 (rev 1.4)it talks about the PMDG Cold and Dark scenario to get started from scratch. I have searched my hard drive and cannot find this file. I am completely up to date with revisions and own 600 - 900 series. Running on FS9I would like to start off with the 2D cockpit 800 series.Any assistance would be appreciated.RegardsJock McIntyreYMML

Jock McIntyre

Guest bigun

Jock,Not sure if there is a "scenario" in the package but what I do is start with the default Cessna, shutoff the Batteries and ignition to give me a cold and dark cockpit, then switch to the NG. Quick, easy, and works every time.

George, thank you. Was aware of this but PMDG talk about not doing this in the manual due to some possible differences and suggest using the supposedly supplied scenario.Hey, if you have got this work, I will give it a shot.Thank againRegardsJock McIntyreYMML

Jock McIntyre

Guest sodesfeux

hi everyone,have you done thatselect a flightchoose a category = pmdgPMDG = dark and coldyou can stay at KBFI (by default aircraft delivery center) or choose an another airport and a new gate with the plane cold and darkbyeolivier

Guest venquessa

I concur with Oliver, it's in the Select Flight -> PMDG category.I don't fly from the delivery center much, although the idea of never slewing or "Go To Airport" ing the plane has occured to me.... nah. Forget that, would take a while to get to Gatwick.So, when I "Go To Airport"... "Select Aircraft", quite often the switch positions change. If I then save the flight, say, Easyjet @ Gatwick and then reload it, lots of things have become switched on, probes, heaters, airbleeds, Iso values air packs etc. And... the worst, then engines are running when reloaded.I was wondering if you can edit the saved flight in the my docsfs9 folder and change the airport and model?Thanks.

Guest Flying Tigress

Being able to start "cold and dark" as an option would be such a delight. I hate having to select the PMDG Cold and Dark flight and then move to whichever airport I'm flying from. I suppose PMDG set things up so you'd start with the engines running in order to save newbies from complete dispair - it's a complex airplane and it took most of us a while to understand it well enough to fly competently. But, a cold and dark start up option would make life pretty good :-)

Oliver, Thanks for your comments. However, this is my issue. The PMDG Catagory/folder is empty. Somehow the file was not loaded at install.One question :- what model 737 appears at KBFI when you load?RegardsJock McIntyreYMML

Jock McIntyre

Guest venquessa

I hope this is not seen as a copyright violation, and if it is, please delete this post.Attached is the Cold and Dark flight for you. Save it in fs2004FlightsPMDGEnjoy.

Guest Josve

Hmm there might be something odd around here :)When I installed the PMDG 737 package I got the Cold and dark option as one of the flights you can select....Am I the only one :)It was installed automaticly inFlightsimulator9/flights/PMDG/pmdg 737-700 cold and dark Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Paul and Others, Thanks for taking the time - it is appreciated. I will now install the file and immerse myself in the complexities of a cold & dark 737 cockpit!RegardsJock McIntyreYMML

Jock McIntyre

Guest kame

Gentlmen,In the cockpit of Cold and Dark (on ground by parking brake set ), is this correct logically that GRD POWER AVAILABLE Light can be turned on only when BAT Switch is ON and STANBY POWER Switch is AUTO?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro FushiharaRJNN

Guest KSANer

Im sure you guys have the utility "cold dark cockpit" located here in the AVSIM library but heres the file name just in case...?bc_dark.zip

Kan-ichiro,Yes that is correct behaviour. Ground power will stay active though if battery power is lost. Just as in the real bird.TGIF,

"is this correct logically that GRD POWER AVAILABLE Light can be turned on only when BAT Switch is ON and STANBY POWER Switch is AUTO?"Logically, on the real aircraft... no. The real 737NG "AVAIL" light will be illuminated by connecting external power to the airplane (before selecting the GND POWER switch to ON).Interestingly, in PMDG's NG, you can switch on GND POWER even when the AVAIL light is NOT illuminated (when the Battery and Standby Power switch is OFF).Normally, however, the pilot/engineer will switch on the Battery and Standby Power before switching on GND POWER.Anyway, I will notify the beta team of this logic error.Doumo arigatou!Cheers.Ian.

"Yes that is correct behaviour. Ground power will stay active though if battery power is lost. Just as in the real bird."Matt... The PMDG electrical system is not illuminating the AVAIL light even though ground power is (under the surface) available. i.e. with the battery switch off and standby power off there is no AVAIL light, but you can select ground power with the AVAIL light off... or, at least, it sounds like you are applying power (background noises can be heard).Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Ian.