Sign in to follow this  
Jockos

PMDG Cold and Dark

Ummm ok...I'm sorry if I confused anyone with my comment. You should trust the NG sparkie over a mere desktop driver. ;-)Guess I have to go back to the classroom for some more studying...TGIF,

"You should trust the NG sparkie over a mere desktop driver."Not always, but thanks for the vote of confidence, Matt ;-)I believe all modern Boeings will give you an available light irrespective of power existing on the aircraft. The Classic 737, however, won't allow you to connect that power if you don't have battery power on. Even on the NG, you can upset the electrical system logic by not switching the battery and external power on/off in a certain order.Some info for the upcoming 747-400.... Some older 747-400's wouldn't let you power up the aircraft with external power alone. There was a modification on the drawing boards for these aircraft to overcome this, but I couldn't tell you if all old 747-400's had this mod done. Despite these modifications, I believe you can still have problems applying external power if both batteries (Main and APU) are totally dead. This is something the manuals don't appear to have any explanation for.Cheers.Ian.

Guest VULCAN127

I'm not absolutely sure how I did it, but all my flights in any aircraft, at any field now begin with the aircraft "cold and dark". I originally did load the PMDG "cold and dark", moved the aircraft to another airport and then saved that flight (before starting). I think I then may have re-loaded my re-saved "cold and dark", switched aircraft (to FS2004 default aircraft -- cessna?) and then saved that as the default flight.Now I can create any flight with PMDG and other aircraft at any airfield and after loading the engines and power are off.--Jamie O'Connell

Guest kame

Mats and Ian,Thank you for your kind responses. I am rlieved to read your instructions.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest Martin99

Another thing is very interesting. If I load the "cold and dark cockpit", the start levers are always "ON". Why this happen?And if I want to use my throttle quadrant to operate the start levers it doesn't work.But this 2 problems are only since I've installed the new 800/900 version. With the first 600/700 installation it worked without any problem.Regards,Martin