Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTY

FMC Flight Plans.

Guest MARTY

I have more or less got to grips with programming PMDG's 737 NG FMC. Where can I get ready made Flight Plans without having to purchase numerous Flight Planning Charts? Is there somewhere that I can down load them, or is there a publication I can purchase? I mainly stick to U/K flights, but occasionally go mad and fly the European holiday routes. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Marty

Guest hlm65

Hi Marty,a lot of real world flight plans easily writable step by step in the PMDG FMC are present in the "Flight Plan Forum" here at avsim.You can search for already posted flight plans or ask for other.If you own FSBuild you can type these FPs there and let the program do a .rte plan for the PMDG 737.

The three things that I use are 1. FSBUILD you can get it from www.fsbuild.com (free or purchase versions available) 2. FSNAV from www.fsnavigator.com (Free trial period) and 3. Route finder on http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ Of the three what I normally do is create the plan in FSBUILD and export it to both fsnav and pmdg and squawkbox. I then go in to fsnav and open it up verify that it is the route that I want and then open it with the PMDG FMC. If I want to tweak it in FSNAV I will change it on the FSBUILD creator and then re-export it to fsnav and PMDG and squawkbox. I only use the third option as a refference for approximate distances. Hope this helps.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest MARTY

To all those who responded to my question---thank you very much for your replies. I will take on board all your advice Marty

Marty, Go to www.myairplane.com and download real up to date procedures and charts for free. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest MARTY

Jeremy, Am I correct in saying that FSBUILD is not compatable with FS2004? Marty