Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Dome Light

As explained in the documentation, the dome light is only meant for the VC. Its real intention is to brighten things up during the day time when the panel is in shadow, but of course, it works nicely at night as well :)Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgBest,

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest venquessa

The dome light, added with the 8/9 upgrade doesn't do anything, is this correct?I "like" the new night view in the 2D cockpit, although it makes things look a little dark, am I missing a panel light switch?In th VC the lighting is still truely PMDG style and lovely. but the 2D, dark and high contrast.Any help? Thoughts?

Guest jgreth123

Will there be similar lighting in the 744? I liked the original night lighting in the 600/700 then it changed to really dark. Even in real life, the cockpits aren't that dark... the dome light illuminates the cockpit somewhat. I do not fly with the virtual cockpit, and this has made me fly the plane less. I am REALLY looking forward to the 744, is there any way you can make the 744 cockpit 2D panel actually brighten up so you can see the cockpit somewhat instead of just the knob outlines and whatnot?I mean, at the very least, put up some kind of poll to see if people want the dark cockpit, or the more illuminated cockpit in 2D. It's really not fair to us that don't like virtual cockpit.Just my $0.02, but a lot of people I've talked to agree with me, it's too dark and would really be ashame to at least not put some kind of option in there to allow for both.Thanks for reading and responding I hope.- Jeff Greth

The 744 will be completely different in regards to lighting in the cockpits so this should not be a issue for the majority of users but you know there are always those few who regardless what you do will not be happy ;-) but I bet you will...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest venquessa

Thanks.Can I just confirm, that the Dome Light switch, doesn't move at all? Is this correct?I also sometimes find the 2D cockpit too dark during the day, it's very dull in the mornings and evenings, even with good outside light.Not sure it used to be like that before the update.