Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bpilot

KMIA - still with problems

Guest Bpilot

Gents,I just installed the last update for SIDs/STARs (August 4), but KMIA still has not been adapted to reflects FS9 runways.The FMC still reports: RWS - NONE, and APPROACHES - NONE...Besides that, when loading a previous Flight Plan, an error message appears...Any clues on how to fix that? My virtual airline demands me to fly KATL/KMIA once every two days, and I'm breaching their contract, and may be fired...ThanksBPilot

Guest bobsk8

You also need to replace the AIRAC file with Pic-PMDG0408 which you can get on the PMDG web site. It is self installing. Then what I did was to get the AF2_kmia_V2 BGL file from FS2004.com. This goes in your FS9 addon scenery folder in the scenery directory and it enables you get get the frquencies for the ILS etc.. The only problem is that the old runway numbers in FS9 ( 9l-9R) and the new numbers don't quite match up, but I just fly the approach that is listed, and hope nobody else is landing on my runway.

Guest Bpilot

Thanks, Bob,Is nobody having this problem or are we the only ones who do landings in KMIA?...I could not find the AIRAC file Pic-PMDG0408 you mentioned in the PMDG web site. If you're talking about the latest SID/STARS, I have the latest one (Aug.5).See ya in the KMIA bar...BPilot