Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoordinatorYS

737TNG FMC and navdata!!!

Guest CoordinatorYS

I can`t get the navdata to work. I downloaded the latest AIRAC data, but FMC doesn`t find it, saying that the navdata is not valid. I use FS2002, FSUIPC v.3.30. FMCWP folder also doesn`t show up... If anyone has a clue, please help me. Denis.

One, FS2002 is not supported if you are using the newest versions. Two, open up the MAIN FS folder and create the FMCWP folder manually. Three, within the newly created FMCWP folder make another FOLDER and name it NAVDATA. Four, Install the AIRAC, pointing to your new FMCWP folder. Five, if the installer created another NAVDATA folder WITHIN the NAVDATA folder you created REMOVE IT and take the FILES out of this second NAVDATA folder and place them into your NAVDATA folder. So the path will look exactly like this C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002FMCWPNAVDATA With the 6 navdata files within and it will work. Make sure there are not any double folders of the FMCWP and NAVDATA! Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest CoordinatorYS

Thanx for the reply, but it still doesnt work... I did everything as you you`ve said, to no success. It is still saying that navdata is not valid, and no matter what airport I choose, it says it is not in the database... May be there is something more?

Can you open up the FMCWP folder in windows explorer and snap a screenshot for me with the file foler open? If you don't know how to post one here please email it directly to me @ crvm@iwon.com..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest CoordinatorYS

Here it is.

Ok I see, You need to REMOVE EVERYTHING out of that NAVDATA folder. Those SIDS & STARS belong in the PMDG FOLDER there in the MAIN flight sim folder. The ONLY thing that belongs in the NAVDATA folder are 6 FILES not folders. Remove all of those files and folder WITHIN the NAVDATA folder and re-install the Airac file ONLY. Reinstall the sids and stars into the PMDG sid&stars FOLDER. Look at these pics, this is how it should look.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88073.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88074.jpg Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest CoordinatorYS

Ok, I did everything like you`ve told me to, but there is no file fmc_ident anywhere on my harddrive. All the 5 files except fmc_ident are present... FMC began to work, but only partly, as it always shows the err_at_FIX_line_48 error, and I can`t program it further than the second waypoint- it just doesn`t react when I push the button. After reinstalling the AIRAC data, folders Approaches, SIDs, STARs do not show up. Reinstalling the craft doesnt make any good...Any ideas?

Please sign your name to your posts, this is a PMDG forum requirement, thanks. I would extract the AIRAC to your desktop and manually move them in the FMCWP/NAVDATA folder. Make sure nothing else is there, NO DOUBLE FOLDERS or it will not work. Also, make sure the SIDS & STARS are in the SIDSTAR folder *EXTRACTED* so if you open up the FS2002/PMDG/SIDSTARS you see only TEXT FILES ans not ANY YELLOW FOLDERS INSIDE. Other than that I am at a loss here and of course being that you are runnning fs2002 and I am no longer does not help the situation :DBest Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest stang

>except fmc_ident are present... FMC began to work, but only>partly, as it always shows the err_at_FIX_line_48 error, and IHi, what's your name?You may have more problems going on but the type of error you show here is also indicative of an old SID/STAR database prior to 0401. You need to insure you have updated your SID/STAR database to the current cycle so you at least eliminate errors like above caused by an old cycle. You can tell what cycle you have by going to the /PSS/SidStars folder, open any file and look at the header which states what cycle it is. RegardsTerry

Guest CoordinatorYS

Guys, thank you all for your replies to this foolish post. I found out the cause of all this. I was mixing up the terms AIRAC and SIDSTARS, and didn`t install the AIRAC :) Now everything works fine, except for some bugs, those of the FMC itself. I very much appreciate your trying to help :) And there is still a major problem in this stuff... Even when it is all installed correctly, SIDSTAR procedures are not listed in the FMC. There are the runways, but there are no procedures for them. I do admit I could miss something again by myself again, but would you be so kind to point your fingers at it. :) Respectfully, Denis (Best wishes from Russia)

Well, all aiports don't have published procedure files, most likely this is the cause. In addition to the PMDG_Procedures download, you can visit Navdata.at There are user-uploaded procedure files under the SID/STAR section for PMDG.Can you give us an example of which airports you don't get any procedures for? Maybe we can pin down the cause...

Guest CoordinatorYS

Hi. Well, for example such two airports like RJTT and RJBB... They are enlisted in the package of SIDSTARS that I downloaded at navdata.at, but FMC doesn`t see their procedures, however, runways do exist ...Denis

I just tested these 2 files, and they indeed have procedures. If you have followed the steps outlined above by Randy and Terry to the numbers, and still no go, well then I am at loss her. I have a feeling but, can you verify in some way that the procedure files actually resides inside your FS2002/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder or give us a screenshot? It should look like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88164.jpg

Guest rubberball

I am new to this forum so take it easy with me if i have asked a question that has already been asked....Please.My problem is like this guy said...i cannot get my FMC To be updated when i download and install navdata.When i go into the fmc and put in a depparture airport it says "not in data base" and also when i pick a arrival airport...in fact any airport.I have tried everything by the word that cvrm said to try and that is to put the 6 files not folders in the navdata folder only and...all the sid/starts in the sid/starts folder in PMDG Folder.In my sid/starts folder i have a folder(yellow folder)called home...should i delete that?I have tried it after deleting it but it made no differnace.?My fmc always says its version 0313,and no airports are in my database...??When i goto "route" and attempt to enter a origin or destination it says my local airport (which is EGNM) is not in the database..Please can anyone help me becuase i love this add-on so much and this is spoiling my enjoyment.Regards Paul

Guest stang

Hi Paul. OK. Sounds like you did right but it still sounds like the 0408 cycle isn't installed correctly so let's double check from the beginning. Check your FS04/FMCWP/NavData folder. It should have 6 files. Three dated 7/28/2004, one 7/29/2004 and two dated 8/3/2004. Next check the FS04/PMDG/SidStars folder. You should have around 1754 files dated 8/5/2004. You can also check the version of the SIDs/STARs you have. Open any of the airport files and look at the header which should state cycle 0408 for the current cycle. BTW when I say FS04 you substitute the drive and flight sim folder as installed on your machine.If the dates are off in the NavData folder then reload the AIRAC cycle from navdata.at. The same goes for the SidStars folder.It's rather hard not to get the AIRAC data installed correctly since it has it's own installer. It looks for your installation of FS04 and recommends that as the install folder. All you have to do is agree, if it's correct. The SIDs/STARs/IAPs are installed just by unzipping them into the SidStars folder.I have no idea why you had a folder called Home in the SidStars folder. I would have looked in it and then deleted it.If you verify the files are correct then I am stumped. You don't have two versions of FS installed do you?RegardsTerry