Sign in to follow this  
Guest Z-MAN

FPS and 800/900

Guest Z-MAN

Do you get better FPS with 800/900 update on 600/700. I read the review on avsim.com and they said that you do get better FPS ?any commentsthanks

Guest Speed

In VC I get much better FPS with 600/700 with the 800/900 addon.

Guest SAS784

I fly with 2D panels only, and my fps are definitely lower with the 800/900 addon than before when I only used 600/700. Not to any dismay though, the 800/900 is absolutely beautiful!Regards,Fredrik

Guest zip

I've not seen any marked difference in FPS. I do use a frame limiter at 24FPS to run the "other" stuff in the background.I normally fly 2D panels unless I'm on the ground taxiing or doing a visual approach, and the 3D cockpit does appear to perform a little better than before, but again, no wowsers there.Running an AMD FX51/ATI9800XT homebuilt combo.

In the 2D panel I have not seen any marked difference in FPS between the 600/700 and 800/900.There are enahancements which improve 3D panel FPS for the 800/900 which now have also been retrofitted to the 600/700 panel (if you are an 800/900 owner).