Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomahawk_pa38

PMDG 737-700 NG

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I installed the 737NG a few weeks ago running it on FS2002 with Windows XP. At first I thought it worked OK but then I started having trouble with it following the LNAV mode (VNAV - fine) I looked more closely and now realise that my whole FS world has 'shifted' about 50 - 60 degrees to the right ie if I stand on the threshold to a runway (any one !) say runway 17 and set the heading to 170 and the course to 170, the compass rose in the EFIS display reads 236. So that's why it won't LNAV - the plane thinks its somewhere else. (The top down view shows the aircraft at about 70 degrees to the runway angle)when it should be pointing down the runway.The problem now is that it affects all of my aircraft - if I position the default 737 on the threshold of Bristol runway 27 (273deg) the track shows 323 and recently flying into Birmingham (EGBB) to runway 33 using the Eurowings A319, I had to set 035 on the compass for it to follow the localiser properly. Has installing 737NG corrupted something and if so - how the heck can I correct it please ?Dave.

Hi DaveYou have a AFCAD file for FS2004 in your FS2002 scenery somewhere. The AFCAD files that are for FS2004 are named with AF2 in the beginning. Usually they are installed when you are installing add-on sceneries.Do a search in your FS2002 directory including any subdirectories for files named AF2*.bgl and move them.Hope it helps,

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Mats,Thanks - but no it didn't help - there were no AF2 files in there. As I already had a problem I couldn't solve where the Nav2 radio and the Comms radios were untuneable (both showing hyphens) I decided to uninstall everything.I used the PMDG removal tool but now I seem to have a problem reloading it - any help out there please ?Thanks anyway,Dave

Guest SAS784

Uninstall everything and install all over again, seems like the most sane solution. Part from the AF2 being the fault I don't know what else it could be.Best regards,Fredrik