Sign in to follow this  
Guest moose_VUSN

!!Business Jets & Military Variants - RELEASED!!

Guest moose_VUSN

i have today uploaded to AVSIM file library my complete, finished MOD that will add the following:C40 (USN & USAF7DT (RAAF)MMA (USN)BBJ (x3)BBJ2 (x1)as completely new variants of the PMDG 737NG.this MOD will not affect your existing aircraft of configs, but will be set for increased gross weight, increased fuel capacity, increased engine thrust & adjusted loadout options.Changes since open BETA (from friday):-Proper installer.-Menu location changed.-C-40A USAF added.-RAAF -7DT variant made independant of BBJ (due to significant differences).-Second loadmanager option for primarily BBJ/MIL users.-Updated loads (again!): BBJ & BBJ2 increased fuel capacity, reduced cargo capacity.Optional 2nd Loadmanager possibility:I have included "Loadmanager_BBJ.ini" as a second loadmanager option, which will use the "700-Mixed" for the BBJ, allowing BBJ loadediting independant of the 7DT/C-40 variants. However this will disable loadediting of ALL you -700 airliner variants! As such it is designed for those who wish to fly the BBJ's & military variants all the time (like me). However it allows for more realistic loading of the BBJ (with limits etc now properly set rather than using a compromise between the 7DT/C40 & BBJ).This will probably be the final version, but who knows.My separate MMA has now been removed also, as this package supersedes it.Those of you who downloaded the BETA i would suggest downloading this one as there are a few complete changes as you may have noticed.File should be available later today.comments, questions etc. post here or drop me an e-mail.

Guest venquessa

I flew Seatle to Belfast, but I landed with full wing tanks!London - Singapore would be a close one, the tail wind would help though if you get the right ALT.

Guest moose_VUSN

thats cos i filled up the cargo holds with fuel tanks the wing tanks are only a small percentage of the total fuel capacity now...

Guest venquessa

The only thing I noticed is that I had to copy the texture folder contents into the texture.bbj1/2/3 folders, or the VC textures wouldn't work.Maybe I did something wrong in the install.

Guest moose_VUSN

no that is correct.i didn't include any textures that are common to the default PMDG aircraft, just to keep file size down (otherwise the file size would be up around 200MB!)

Guest jet5396

Where is this file? Or, what is the name of it?I tried to download the beta version twice, but winzip kept telling me it could not open the file. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing these aircraft!Jeff

On avsim.comSearch for this file: pmdg_bbjmil.zipOr the keyword: bbjArmen L Cholakianwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

What are some typical callsigns for the USAF C-40 versions as well as the USN version?

Eric 

Guest moose_VUSN

well "navy" or "airforce" then depending on squadron, then aircraft ID.for example the navy C40 included comes from VR-58 (Sunseekers at NAS Jacksonvilles KNIP) so its full callsign would be "NAVY SUNSEEKER 5834"

To add to what Moose has already posted the Navy callsign for VR-56 would be VVJV### it is said as "Navy Globemaster ###" or "Navy ###" if you really like flying the C-40 you should check out www.vusn.org it is a great group of very proffesional aviators and ATC for VATSIM. We just recently got back from a Med Cruise and VR-56 is very busy and can use all the pilots we can get.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest gdafc

Hi there love the new models.Can someone tell me how to use my existing liveries with the extended range models? I have tried various ways but none seem to work for me. I fancy trying an atlantic hop in my VA colours but at the minute I having no luck!Thanks in advance,Garry.

Guest moose_VUSN

you will need to add your livery texture folder to one of the new PMDG folders created in the FS2004/Aircraft/ folder by the MOD, depending on the type you wish to fly (BBJ, BBJ2, Military 700C, MMA).you then need to add the livery to the aircraft.cfg concerned.there are quite a few tutorials available in the AVSIM file library & other FS sites about how to add liverys/install aircraft & the structure of FS folders etc if you need any more pointers.