Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crash_Hawk

How 'bout a CTL+E for the Fokker 50!

I'm real tired of tryin' to start this thing. I've read everything, and posted my problem, but nothing seems to help. ps. I've got 2 Masters Degrees from Bucknell University, and that is the truth. I just can't start the Fokker Whaas up wit that? Stan

Guest Twister

Stan,Can you post a list of the actions you are performing in the start sequence ?That would be the easiest way to find out what is the problem. I've never had any problem starting te F-50, so I assume you are forgetting something along the way.I'll try my best to help you.Take careTwister

Guest Martin

In the manual it says the F/O will call "N2 20 percent" and then you should move the condition lever to Start. This doesn't work however, since N2 (or Nh which I think it actually is) will only rise to about 11.7%. So you have to work around the problem by moving the fuel lever to Start at that point instead.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Crash_Hawk

Once you get electrical power to the aircraft and have the aircraft up to Engine Start. . . Fuel control levers (centre console)-StartEngine IGN switch-ONEngine Start switch-ON (NOT the Eng rotary Start switch)APU or GPU Bleed air switch-ON (on the APU control panel. Use even if you are use the no APU)Engine Rotary Start switch-L or R Co-pilot should then call out respective engine numbers and if all works out you'll start'em both.Regards, Crash

Guest Martin

>APU or GPU Bleed air switch-ON (on the APU control panel. >Use even if you are use the no APU) This is not necessary. Not sure if the real F50 needs bleed air for start, or if it has an electrical starter, but in FS you don't need to switch on any bleeds.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Martin, I don't have the F50, but as a general rule, if the panel programmer has coded his panel logic properly, you'll need to switch the bleed air on. An example of that is PSS A320. This might be the case here too...__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Guest Crash_Hawk

The F50 does require bleed air to start those big PW's. Most advanced turbines these days do. I have never attempted to start without the bleed air but I do know that if you try to start DF 737 without the bleed all you will hear is the engines spooling down. And anyway the checklist requires the bleed to be on. "As real as it gets", right? I was trying to help someone out with an aircraft that I happen to enjoy.Regards,Crash

Guest Martin

I enjoy it too, that's why I answered the post. :-roll If you were refering to the APU bleed switch, the F50 always starts up in FS even when I haven't touched the APU. (When using the aircraft "without APU" it would be illogical to have to use the APU bleed, wouldn't it?)It's interesting to know that bleed air is needed to start the engines on the F50. (I know some turboprops and even some jet engines use electric starters so that's why I wasn't sure.) However you can't compare the F50 with a 737.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Crash_Hawk

It's easier to start a turbine with a bleed air starter than an electric starter. It's more economical as the bleed air system is more reliable and a bleed air valve is cheaper to replace. Most turbine powered aircraft these days have air powered starters.