Sign in to follow this  
Guest evilcybrosis

Vapour Trails and wingflex

Guest evilcybrosis

HiI really love the PMDG 737's and reckon they are most probably the best 737 out there, but there a few things i have seen on other planes that i was wondering:1. can i add them2. If i can't can i suggest them to PMDG for fture releases as it would make the plane perfect, well in my opinion at leastThey are the following, wingflex as it's a nice touch on the Kittyhawk models, and also the little vapour contrails that come off the flaps on the Project airbus model when the flaps are on a high setting on approach on a damp day, also allthough nobody else has done it the trails that come over the wings from the engine fins when taking off on a damp day.I doubt it's possible or would be supported by PMDG if it was, but i'd just like to say i think it would be ace if they were included, what does everyone else think about whetehrr or not these would add anything?Best Wishes and thanks for the great plane Peter Crease

Guest LLgaz

I don't know about wing flex. But, there is a mod in the Avsim Library for the PMDG 737-900 that adds vapour trails. Looks really neat too. The person who posted it says that it can be adjusted for the '800 model by simply adjusting some numbers. To figure out these numbers, download and read through the FS9 SDKs. Also, search the developers forums.Do a search in the File library for that vapour trail mod.....sorry, I can't remember the name.

Guest Erups

Adding windfles is a matter of model redesign: they have to dig out the original model gmax files (or whatever editor they used) and modify here and there to add the wingflex effect.Surely it's doable, but it's not a matter of a couple minutes.I do not think they intend to make such an update for the 737, it's already almost perfect as it is.

Guest Nickman

I don't think they will, because the wingflex isn't modelled that good. Personally I think it's fine without it, because it won't sure very much on a 737's wings, but can be as noticable as winglets on the 747Nick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest Navajo

wheres the vapour trail for the serie -800/-900??? I Download from Avsim one for -600/-700Jose Navarro

Guest bobsk8

I get vapor trails on my 800. You just have to be high enough, I think mine come at about 30,000. If I remember correctly, you can change that in the Aircraft config file, cause I did it on a DC3 I downloaded.

Guest Nickman

You're talking about contrails, he's talking about vapour trails that show up by flaps during a landing in humid weather. Contrails come from the heat from the engines from the high altitudeNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Guest LLgaz

If you have vapour trails for the 600/700, then you could simply adjust the numbers to make them work in the 800/900. Its like adjusting wing views.....

Guest malgeorge

I have the vapout trails on the 737-900.The file is pm900vpr.zipThey do look good.Mal

Guest flyinggriffin

The other day in real life I saw vapor trails coming off the wingtips of a 737 landing at KALB. It was a very humid day with the temp and dewpoint close together. You had a lot of low hanging scud around 400ft agl. It seems to be pretty rare up in this part of the United States. Wings do flex ...a bit. I saw it first hand a few months ago while getting pounded by thunderstorms over Nebraska. You would think from the way people talk that the tips just about touch:) People seem to get caught up on small details like wing flex, dihedral angles, the amount of smoke from a tire, yet miss bigger flaws and omissions. I am not talking about the PMDG 737,but other sims. Bob K.

Guest Navajo

I dont know how to do that (adjusting numbers) give a copy pleaseJose Navarro

Guest Nickman

It should work on the 600/700 without changing numbers. All the 737NG family have the same winglengthNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

You will get no wingflex on the PMDG 737 NG since it was not modelled and I believe will never be. The RW wings do in fact bend but not as dramatic as a larger winged aircraft. Now on the 744 coming well that is a different story or so I heard.Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest bobsk8

Where can you download this file? pm900vpr.zip

Guest Nickman

Avsim file libraryNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2