Sign in to follow this  
Guest Navajo

texture problem

Guest Navajo

I dont know what ive done incorrectly but as u can see this is my problem. The readme says that creat a folder inside the ....aircraft/PMDG 737-700 winglets. and copy ans paste all the texture inside the folder I created. Then Open the aircraft.cfg do the modification and thats it.Any help are very welcome

Guest thscholz

'Navajo',there seem to be some textures (BMP's) missing.Usually the procedure is to create the folder (like texture.PA), then copy all the files from the folder 'texture' into the new folder, and then you copy the textures from the repaint (ZIP file) into the new folder overwriting the existing ones.Hope this helps.CheersThomasEdit: I'm not going to tell you about forum rules...;-)

Guest Philip Olson

I have seen this happen too and it may or may not be a missing texture issue. Every once in awhile, for the last few months, at random I will lose some or most of textures on the aircraft, this includes the PMDG 737, the PMDG B1900D and a few other addon planes, this will also occur in the VC of Posky models. Anyway just a couple of weeks ago I was flying along and lost perhaps 95 percent of the textures for my plane, later after I switched views a few times everything came back except the tire textures which was very upsetting since I had an awesome screenshot possibility set up but who wants it without the tire textures? I have tried a variety of fixes recommended in this and other forums and while they have helped decrease the amount of times this happens it has not gone away. I get the feeling that it was related to a tweak that I did to FS9 because this was never an issue prior to a time that I did a lot of tweaking. Oh well, I just thought that I would throw out another possibility for you.best Regards,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest venquessa

The original post sounds like a texture install problem, I had this with the new BBJ and was solved as the first reply explained.Philip, your problem sounds like a memory issue to me or a texture loading problem. If you have 512Mb of less, especially if you run Win98 I would point my finger at a memory leak. Especially if it happens more and more the longer the flight goes and the more you switch views. I had this with ALTITUDE Concorde and it was unlandable, because FS froze to load the ALT callouts on short finals and when it finished it would restart, but I was already on the runway.Also note that the "time dreamer" (what I call the acelerated time) can cause textures to not load at all. Slowing to 1X time and switching views usually works to restore these.

Guest Navajo

Hope this help

Guest thscholz

>>Hope this help:-hmmm No, not really...Did you read my reply above? I would bet that in the folder textures.PanAm some textures are missing (like PMDG_Det_1_T.bmp).CheersThomas

Guest Navajo

No, theres no file with that name =(Jose Navarro

Guest Navajo

This is the complete bmp files

Guest thscholz

Well, that's exactly was I was talking about.O.K., let me try to explain it again:At the same location where this folder (texture.PanAm) is, there is another folder named 'texture'. Copy all the files from the folder 'texture' to the folder 'texture.PanAm' without replacing the files you already have there.Thomas

Guest TRK3586

Another thing to check is if you have your CPU priority set to System Cache. I got a problem similar to the one described, but when I switched back to Programs receiving priority, my problem was solved.Tim

Guest Navajo

Problem Solved :-jumpy !!!!! thanx very much, I think that the painter needs to add that part in the read me fileJose Navarro

Guest Philip Olson

Thanks guys but no help. :-( I have 1 GB of memory on Windows XP. My problem does not seem to be based on time, I can start the sim and while I am in the select aircraft menu, if I switch between maybe two or three paints then they start showing up without textures. When I launch the sim they will be without most of it's textures, sometimes for the whole flight, sometimes the textures will appear during the flight. Other times the sim will start with all of the textures but during the flight at some point they will go away, and once again sometimes they will return. It is very hit and miss, I don't see any real pattern as to when they go away or return.Well...........wait a minute, I just took Tim's advice and found out that someone switched the priority on my PC to system cache, a big no, no! I did not look at this before because I know that I did not change that setting, I guess that will teach me to assume the computer stays the way that I set it. I think that I will have to have a talk with my wife later today. Since I am going to have this talk with her I might as well say that it was nice knowing you guys! Having a serious talk with the wife can be a life threatening experience, so if I don't make it back just know that I really enjoyed being here! :-lol Thanks again to those of you that pitched in to help! I am going to reboot my system now and hopefully see that all of my problems have vanished! Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Philip Olson

Just to update.....That was indeed the problem and now my textures do not disappear ever, I am in heaven. There was one interesting side effect though, lately I have also had troubles with my joystick not responding like it should, it was slow to respond and when it did the plane would "jerk" the direction of my input. It was almost as if something was slowing down the time between my input and reaction from FS, anyway that is gone now too. I wonder if having the priority set to system cache slowed down the responses from the joystick? I guess that it sort of makes sense. Tim a big thank you again for pointing this out! My sim runs much better with the priority set to programs, much smoother over all. Tim I owe you a beer!!! I haven't talked to my wife yet so I may not live to buy it for you but I'll put it in my will! :-lolThanks a million,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Navajo

Do u know how to get the same white on the engines?Jose Navarro

Guest thscholz

>Do u know how to get the same white on the engines?>>Jose NavarroNo, sorry. It's either a matter of lighting within FS or the textures pmdg_engine_L_t.bmp and pmdg_engine_r_t.bmp are painted that way or the alpha layers in these two textures are not correct. If it's the textures then you should contact the author of the repaint.CheersThomas