Sign in to follow this  
Spawntscuk1

Activesky And PMDG

HelloIs there any way to forecast what your tailwind or headwind is going to be using the info provided by Activesky 2004? This is so I can enter the HeadwindTailwind into 737NG Fuel planner.Also what would be the correct cost index for a 3hr fligjt from Malta to Manchester. I can do it in the PMDG aircraft in 2hrs 30 mins. But I want to be as accurate as possible to simulate a real life flight?Many Thanks

On that last question I can answer.Malta to Manchaster takes in real life only 2hrs and 30-40mins, but those planned three houres are also containing route continus, which means that if your a/c depart with 20min. delay it still arrive on time. They do that mostly on big airport like Manchaster.About the CI, if you fly with the B737-600/700 you could use a CI of about 40. If you fly with the -800/900 version you could use 20-25.But ones again, every airline has there own CI settings.Hope it helps,

Guest chmitch

After you create a flight plan in FS you can go to AS2004 and generate a new route which is used for wind smoothing. This, once completed will show you the average route wind speed and direction for the trip. This is what I use for fuel planning.Chad

ThanksQuoting"On that last question I can answer.Malta to Manchaster takes in real life only 2hrs and 30-40mins, but those planned three houres are also containing route continus, which means that if your a/c depart with 20min. delay it still arrive on time. They do that mostly on big airport like Manchaster."Thats correct for coming back but not outbound.I just flew too Malta from Manchester and back. Working out the time difference it equals three hours. (I think!!)Departed EGCC 11.05 arriving 15.40 local time.Thanks for the replys.Regards