Sign in to follow this  
Guest hellogoodbye

Replace 737NG-800 FMC permanently?

Guest hellogoodbye

Can anybody tell me how I can repplace the FMC from the upperleft corner of the screen to the lowerright...? I know this is not always handy because most panels show up there, but I would just like to have it this way. I really don't like having to drag the FMC every time I start up FS...

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,Go to your Flight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-800panel.VC (or PMDG737-800panel if you only use the 2d models), open the panel.cfg file in notepad and scroll down to find this section (Note, square brackets are used in the .cfg file but don't display in the forum):{Window06} // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=737NGFMC.bmp file_1024=737NGFMC.bmp size_mm=400,600position=8visible=0ident=25window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU, 0,0,400,600,LAll you have to do is alter the line window_pos= 0.000, 0.000 to read //window_pos= 0.000, 0.000Also make sure that the position= entry equals 8 (can't remember if I altered that or if it was that by default)Save it and you're good to go. The same fix can be applied to the 6/700 panel.cfgs aswell.Hope it helpsDavidP.s. You should sign with your real name in this forum, it's one of the rules :)

Guest hellogoodbye

Thanks!And I usually do end with my name here, but I'm still not used to it so.... But thanks for reminding me! :)Jeroen van Engelenen

Guest hellogoodbye

Just did that! :)

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Jeroen,Glad I could help :)All the best,David

yes, that did help thank you. now all I have to do in thrash around trying to figure out how to reduce the size 80% so the top of the CDU is below the glare shield.tried a couple of things but, huh... lets just say it was not successful.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Mike,How's this float your boat?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88717.jpgOnly thing is if you switch to full screen mode it'll look like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/88718.jpgIf you want to edit the panel like this all you have to do is add the line window_size= 0.23, 0.47 to the header section of the CDU window in the panel.cfg file thus:{Window06} // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=737NGFMC.bmp file_1024=737NGFMC.bmp size_mm=400,600position=8visible=0ident=25//window_pos= 0.000, 0.000window_size= 0.23, 0.47Have a good one,David

if floats, oh ya - it floats perfectly nowthank you for your help, it is very much appreciated (this is a great forum)thank you

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Mike,Glad you like it :)Cheers,David

Guest hellogoodbye

Strange.. It doens't work for me... Could this be because I'm laoding an older saved flight...?

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Jeroen,Which part isn't working? Also make sure that you are editing the same panel.cfg that the aircraft you are loading is using i.e. if you use the VC or VC/Cabin models make sure you are editing the panel.cfg file contained in the Panel.VC folder and vice versa for the 2D only.Also note that the 8/900 have there own complete panel.cfg files which are not aliased to the 700 panel.Not sure about the saved flight thing, I guess simply starting with the original default flight and then switching aircraft will confirm whether this is true or not.Let me know,David

Guest maxmax20

HEllo.Is it possible to configure the panel.cfg so, that when i load the aircraft the overhead panel is undocked and moved to the second monitor and the FMC ist undocked, resized and docked to the 3rd monitor?When yes, how can i do this.... How can i say in the oanel.cfg, that the coordinated for the display of the fmc are on my 3rd small monitor an need to be resized ??greetingsMark