Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

How do you make a CARGO plane as AI go to CARGO parking

Guest HeavyFan

Hi guy's! I was just wondering if anyone know's how to make a Cargo Plane used as AI Traffic go to a CARGO parking spot?? Does it have to with the Radius size of the gate?? or to Adjust the MDL Radius SIze of the plane to make it fit only into the Cargo parking Raduis size?? Can it be done this way? As I have downloaded the AI Plans for FED EX and wanted to know how to make them go to CARGO Parking instaed of them parking at the main International terminals with the passenger planes?? Thank's if anyone has any info on this! MIKE-:)

You will need to download AFCAD and create an overlay airport of the one you want the cargo plane to go to. Second you will need to download ttools to create the flightplan. Read the manuals carefully, everything is described in it.If you have KLAX for example as your desired airport you have to make an overlay airport only for the cargo planes.You have to name this airports i.e. KLA2Now you have to develop flightplans for your cargo plane and their destination has to be KLA2So if your normal aircraft have flightplans for KLAX they go to their parking spaces at KLAX and the cargo ones will go to KLA2 where in fact KLAX and KLA2 are the same airports and will not been altered visually.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey MIKE thank's for your Input! But I tried messing around with the AFCAD gates raduis and the MDL file of the MD-11 i have and edited the MDL radius size with the AITM program! Now I just made the MD-11 MDL Radius 1-2 steps more than the default 747 size, and increased the CARGO Parking radius accordingly and it seemed to work! They FED EX MD-11 does not go to the main Intl terminals but parks at the CARGO parking I made! So I guess there is 2 ways to do it? Make an overlay or the way i did mine! Since I am not good in makig overlay's yet so this will do for now! Thank's for you input! MIKE-:)

Guest HeavyFan

anyone else have some Input on this?? MIKE-:)

I believe your way is the way Tom Gibson indicated to do it, as well. He seems to provide a lot of answers in the TTools Forum.

The radius setting you used is indeed the easiest way to do it. I actually assign each of my airlines to a different radius - for example, all of United's planes to 23 meters and the parking spots just a bit bigger, while all of American's planes at 24 meters and their parking spots to match. Then all of UAL's planes park at the United terminal, all of American's at their terminal, *and* all Cargo planes at the Cargo terminal (which I consider "one airline", set at 29 meters). I have a chart to remind me which airline is set to which radius.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest HeavyFan

Great info Gibson!! But how can you tell like 23 meter's =what size radius "(ft)" in AFCAD for the gate?? This is what I have a minor problem with as i am only guessing?! I made all my heavy Gate's 156.0FT for the Raduis in AFCAD. So all my Heavies go to those gates and I do not know what the meters is for that!! Could you please Expalin the meter's or put some kind of info in FT so i understand what to put in AFACD Gate Radius section! Thanks MIKE-:)

Guest Stamatis

Tom,"I actually assign each of my airlines to a different radius - for example, all of United's planes to 23 meters"How do you do that? How do you modify the radius of each airliner?Also, how big should a Gate radius be in relation to the span of an airliner in order for that airliner to just "qualify" for that Gate?Reason I ask is because I have come across conflicting info. Stamatis

Use AITM to change the radius. It is applied to the .mdl so therefore, you will need to copy and rename a separate .mdl for each airline. Then set the desired gates to match.The instructions in TTools indicate that 75% of the wingspan is the minimum gate size. However, as far as I can tell, the size that is shown by AITM seems to be the minimum size that a gate has to be to hold that aircraft.There does not seem to be a way of adjusting the radius of aircraft transfered over from fs2k.

Guest Stamatis

Thanks Kevin."The instructions in TTools indicate that 75% of the wingspan is the minimum gate size."And by gate size we of course mean the radius"the size that is shown by AITM seems to be the minimum size that a gate has to be to hold that aircraft."Is that AITM size less than 75% of the wingspan?Stamatis

1. Yes.2. The AITM size is the "Radius" field in the aircraft editor. That number does not seem to be reduced in any way. ie, For example, Mike Stone's ERJ-145s come out of the box with a radius of 19m, therefore I've set a gate radius of 65' (19.8m) to capture them. A gate radius of say 60' (18.3m) will not capture them, and they will default to the next higher gate size. Therefore, this indicates to me that the 75% factor does not come into play. What you see on AITM is what you get.Whether this number truely is an aircraft's wingspan is irrelevant. The important point of this value field is that you can set it as necessary to differentiate their parking areas.

Guest Stamatis

Kevin,Thank you for the explanation.Stamatis