Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobD

Hat Switch Pan Question

Guest BobD

I am using CH Pro yoke for pan view. However, the entire cockpit turns, rather than just the view. It has worked ok for me in the past, but I have obviously made a change somewhere that is causing this.I have this line in fs2002.cfg POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEWAny help much appreciated, Bob

I believe you need to add the following line to your FS2002.cfg file, under the &l;CONTROLS&r; section: pan_in_cockpit_mode=1- Kenny B

Guest BobD

Thanks Kenny, for the RAPID response. However, I neglected to mention that I already have that line in the FS2002.cfg file.Bob

It just sounds to me like you're in the Virtual Cockpit (VC) mode rather than the 2D panel mode. In the VC mode using the hat will pan around the cockpit, as opposed to the view switching (left, right, front left, front right, etc) of the "normal" 2D mode.Just change your view mode and everything should be fine.

Guest BobD

In the VC mode, everything is normal. The hat switch pans, and the keyboard keys all point in the right direction. In the 2D mode, the keyboard controls work properly, but the hat switch makes it appear as though the aircraft is turning.Bob Dethlefsen490th Bomb.Sqdn 341st BGBurma Bridge Bustershttp://home.pacbell.net/bobeedee/Artist3.jpg

Guest SoarPics

Hi Bob,You don't say whether the yoke is gameport or USB. If the latter, try this simple test: disconnect the device, then reboot the computer, plug the device back in after Windows loads.Failing this solution, I would next reload the drivers.Regards,

Guest BobD

Bob Dethlefsen490th Bomb.Sqdn 341st BGBurma Bridge BustersHi Greg,As a last resort, I will no doubt do as you suggest. However, since I have had this yoke, USB, almost since the day they were printed, and it has performed beautifully, through all kinds of upgrades, I did not feel that it is the problem. Somehow, I feel that while executing some type of "tweak", that I have not dotted an i or crossed a t. My system has been operating so well overall, that I can't even remember just when this change took place.Many thanks to you and Kelley for your help.

I'm still don't quite understand what you are asking. Perhaps you should remove the line that I (earlier) suggested adding...pan_in_cockpit_mode=1Removing the line will revert your 2d panel views back to the normal "look left", "look right" views instead of panning. Edit: BTW, POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEW is also what I have in my fs2002.cfg file. I believe that is standard for everyone with hat switch.- Kenny B

Guest BobD

Kenney BI am in cockpit mode. As I cruise along, I pan with the hat switch to take a look around. I am able to view the landscape up, down and sideways in a 360 degree circle. However, instead of seeing through the side windows or seeing the back seat (as I would if I used the keyboard) the windshield and instrument panel also pan, giving the impression that I am flying sideways. Bob Dethlefsen490th Bomb.Sqdn 341st BGBurma Bridge Busters