Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Dreamfleet Cessna?? What happened to the B727???

DreamFleet is releaseing a Cessna, oh well. FS is something for everyone so I can't belittle what others like, I for one would like to move across the virtual sky a little faster than 145-50 knotes. Bush flying is nice but this new Cessna really bothers me concidering they promised us they were going to be working on a couple of new airliners most noted and appreciated by many was the modeling of the classic 727. Don't get me wrong I like bush flying but there are so many other planes yet to be modeled than a Cessna. At least model the 182RG that way I can get more speed over low terrain. Flight1 was promising a 727 & DC9, I would have gladly waited for Dreamfleets 727 (and their GMAX version of their 737) but I think they're going to stick with other ventures now, maybe everyone on the team wants their personnel aircraft modeled in FS2002 although the Cessna's scheme is not a private flyer. Let's hear it for a 727 and a DC9 in the future from FLight1, hopefully... Leo--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

There's room for both, I'd say... I've moved away from flying the heavy iron, and have been flying a greater number of light aircraft. The new PSD Warrior II is a personal favorite, and I can't wait for the new Cardinal--it's a visually stunning aircraft and unique in Cessna's history--more a qualification for me, rather than how fast it moves. The 727 still appears on their website, although the link isn't active... I'm sure it will be a stunner when complete.-John

Guest DreamFleet

We actually have the capability to work on several projects at once, and for us this makes good business sense, and also allows for a greater variety of products to be released.Some folks are under the impression that we must spend all our time on one project until it is completed, then start the next; not so. We work on several at one time, and release them as they are completed. Obviously if we start a GA aircraft and an airliner at about the same time, the GA will be out of the "hangar" first.We have enough "labor" available to us to make this possible. Several programmers, aircraft designers, graphic artists, etc.The 727 is alive and well and being worked on, but even there, you will most likely see our Cessna 310 come out before it, not to mention the Cessna 177, which is almost complete. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest iflyskyhawks

Lou,Keep those single-engine piston aircraft coming! I too was thrilled to see the announcement that DreamFleet was releasing the Cessna Cardinal. This is a great airplane!A balance of general aviation and commercial aircraft sounds like the right strategy to me!I'm looking forward to more great aircraft....maybe a Cessna Centurion?!?! I'd even purchase a nice, high-quality DreamFleet remake of say a late model Cessna 172R (I fly these airplanes so often in the real world that I find myself flying them quite a bit in FS2002)!!

Yah, I agree with everything iflyskyhawks said! The first time I heard about the Archer I was so happy that you would be diverting some attention toward GA. It's especially great that you're targeting the "lesser known" aircraft instead of doing the same old planes like the Warrior II, C172, or Bonanzas.Scott

Guest DreamFleet

BTW, guys, feel free to visit our forum. :-)http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1You can post specific questions, make suggestions, even post off topic there.I would consider the 177 to be the closest thing to a 172 that we will be doing. Actually, closest thing to a 172SP that we will be doing!So, for GA, it looks like the 177, 310, and then there's potential for a 1967 C-182 (both land and float), a 1971 Mooney M20E, and something else with 2 engines and turbine power. ;-)Again, ask away, and learn more by visiting our forum.Okay, gotta run and go knock off some more gauge graphics for the 177!Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F..._FORUM_LOUd.jpg

Lou...If I can recommend one more aircraft, you might want to consider the Jabiru LSA... It is a unique aircraft, and one which will be available for those who obtain the proposed Sport Pilot License. Here's a link with 3-view drawings and photographs, which shares more on this beautiful aircraft:http://www.jabiru.net.au/aircraft/lsain.html#overviewThe Jabiru UL is a kit version of the same aircraft, with a longer wing which allows a 17/1 glide ratio, and a lower 35 kt stall speed...http://www.jabiru.net.au/aircraft/ul.html-John