Sign in to follow this  

Who has GF4 ti4600 / WinXP Pro combo on a P4 2Ghz?

...because I like to benchmark with someone who has more or less the same set-up as I have.Even after I thought I had it right I feel for certain that something is still not right.Compared to "slower" systems/cards I get the same results, whereas one 'should' expect a significant difference...I'm getting 25-27 fps in de default meigs. I've seen posts of people getting much more than that.Best evidence is the 3DMark2001SE which gives me a lousy (for the monet that is) 7500....looking at the charts it must be around 9000 for a TI4600.what I actually need is an fps under these conditions:- Geforce4 ti4600- P4 2ghz or close // 512K- Win XP (home or pro)- Meigs default start-up with the C172SP- Display settings all max, except visib. 100nm & cloud 50%, no shadows. Aircraft: Texture size high, all options checked.Hardware: 1280x1024x32 T&L and AA off, tri-linear selected.- Fps measured in full screen, AI off and no weather.Your help is appreciated and maybe we can help some others struggling with the same issue.Also like to know if someone can explain to me what the best BIOS settings would be? I now have AGP aperture size to 64. Should it be 128? Did try, but no visisble result...thx!R.

What type of memory do you have?If its SDRAM, I'm afraid that's about right. If it's DDR(PC2100) or RDRAM then you're right, that's too slow. You should be able to pop 10000 in 3dMark with that setup.There's been endless debate around here about aperture size, but I've tried lots of settings and, like you, never saw much difference.

Guest Joshieca

My system is not the same as yours.....but I have an AMD XP1900+, 512MB, Asus Ti4600 GF4, nothing is overclocked and I get 10523 on 3dMarkSE.I know that it is an avg score, but for some reason when I use FS2k2 it runs slow. Something about the texture redraw rate doesn't seem right. It should be able to run a lot smoother than what I am getting.I need to play around with the settings, but I thought that I would let you know that you should be hitting at least 10K with 3dMarkSE. Make sure that your using the latest Nvidia drivers.- j[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif][br

And indeed, SDRAM it is....This thought nagged the back of my mind some time already, although wasn't really sure.The difference I'm experiencing had to be something caused by a core component. So good news and bad news:I know what the cause (most likely) is and I know I'm out to spend even more money.Thanks! finally some light in the tunnel :)Much appreciated!Cheers!

Joshieca,Just to amke sure: you *do* have RDRAM or DDR?(Pleeeease tell me you have) :)

Guest Joshieca

AMD via based motherboards use DDR memory....the rambus memory is mainly used for Pent. 4 based motherboards.So I have DDR memory.