Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

FS Maintenance - Finally Got It. A Question?

Guest Heather 636

What I am curious about, for those of you who have it, is what difficulty setting do you have it on?I have it set at "Intermediate" for now and am getting final reports of "Good to Expert". Most of the complaints were due to passenger discomfort because of a heavy hand on the throttle. Me? Heavy handed? Shoot, you should see me cross-stitch.Is Intermediate too easy? Should I go to the "Expert" setting to get a more realistic evaluation?ThanksHeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) you should see me cross-stitch (...)"One shudders at the thought (wide and wicked grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

I find that when I have it on Intermediate mode and place the aircraft on Auto-Pilot I get continuous over-throttle usage and eventually, I start having failures on even short flights. I am no where near the planes maximum speed either???

It seems that my only problems are Hard Touchdown and Engines started without beacon. What are you doing about the hard touchdown, any help with this. I fly the DF737, PSS777 and PIC767 and I have the same problem with all of them.Tony

Not touching down hard is what I do ;-) Keep it around 200 fpm on landing and you should be fine.

Guest Heather 636

I believe Lance is probably correct on that hard landing issue. I've never received a warning about hard landings but then I always try to float them in at 200 fpm or less, runway length/weather conditions permitting.Good luck!HeatherWhen it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight, I'll get it there the next day; but when you're #2, you try harder. ;)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg