Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacosmit

Saving the panel status

Guest jacosmit

Hi PMDG Developers, testers and pilotsI enjoy flying my own hanger full of various PMDG 737's. I fly where ever my heart takes me and where ever I preferably can use ILS to land.My question is...Is there a way to save the panel, Auto Pilot and FMC status when you absolutely cannot fly anymore because your wife keeps nagging you to wash the cat (LOL) or something else (far) less worthy than flying a B737? And keep separate saves too so that you can complete a flight tomorrow and come back in two days time and complete this flight.When the flight is resumed you can just load one of the panel states and off you go.Up to now I fly and save the flight either in flight or parked at a Gate or ramp. When I come back later to the Flight Simulator I have to reprogram all 35 way points into the FMC, stop the poor Boeing from a fatal nosedive and turn it 180 degrees back on course.I know that the FMC can be saved and recalled later by t-y-p-i-n-g the correct lingo into the FMC. But the Autopilot and the rest of the panel, over head included, reverts back to a pre-flight state.Any suggestions from the developers and others.CheersJaco Smit

Guest jacosmit

Thanx for the link. I have read through it some time ago but it does not answer my question.CheersJaco Smit

JacoThe devs are aware that there's a demand for this type of save functionality from the users. In the NG at this time it is not possible to save all/any of the panel info.But as I recall they will implement this for the 744 and if that works out ok they can port it back to the NG. At least that's how I understood it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got it all wrong ;-)Hope it helps,

Hi again8<-->When I come back later to the Flight>Simulator I have to reprogram all 35 way points into the FMC,8<--If you use air/jetways you don't need to punch in 35 waypoint. Just the entry and exit and eventual intersection waypoints in your FMC. For example for a flight ESSA to ESMS (Stockholm to Malm

Guest jacosmit

Thanx for the feedback. I did not know that I could just put in an air/jetway!I will try it as soon as I have finished moving house on Saturday.CheersJaco Smit

Hi JacoJust a thought - have you tried saving your route before shutting down? I, like you, sometimes need to quit a flight part way through and then pick it up another time. So long as I remember to save the route then, having re-started the fltsim at a later time and got the airplane settled on current alt, hdg and speed I then open the fmc, enter the route name I saved into the company route space, ensure I select the next logical waypoint at LSK1 then carry on the flight. It's not perfect, and doing this always seems to lose the landing data, but it's the best available atm. Generally, it takes me about 2-3 minutes to get back to where I was before the shutdown. Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL