Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

autobrake does not work

hi im using the 737/700 in fs9 i have configured the aircraft for landing and set the autobrakes to 1,2.or 3 however when i land the autobrakes dont seem to slow me down i have to use manual braking.any help would be appreciated. thanks jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Guest skysurfer01

i have the same problem in my whole 737 series, but it may be due the fact that i formattet my windows partition and did not backup the fs reg keys.So, i installed a clean fs version into the directory my fs (+addons) is placed. I renamed it for the while, so that nothing got overwritten. After this, i reinstalled all the pmdg stuff, and since that, the autobrake has not been working.Is there a simple solution for it, or do i have to deinstall everything and install it again?regards and thank you for your great planes,Manuel

Guest Hawkeyeted

Do you try reinstalling FSUICP by chance? Perhaps it's been corrupted?/R,Ted

Guest gremel

You'll never guess, but I also have this problem and have had it per previous postings on this forum. I have deleted my fs9 config file and re-booted and still 'no autobrakes'....I have to manually brake and make sure I have enough runway..Very frustrating. I haven't done anything to this program or added any add-ons so everything is original. I have been flying sim's (PS1.3a, PIC767 and the PMDG's) and have never had this continuing problem. All the other systems work perfectly. The autobrake lights function properly and I don't touch the anything on an 'autoland' and still no autobrakes.I guess we just have to live with it as I have seen no other solutions on this forum that have worked for me. There has to be a line or so of code in the config. file that is doing this, but after having deleted the config. & re-booted thus re-establishing the orig. cfg file, it still does not work.Regards & hope there is a solution to this problem, which as I have stated before, is the only problem that I have experienced with this great product.Regards,jack

Try PUSHING F1 right BEFORE touchdown guys. If you1] TOUCH your brakes you will not get A/B2] Have ANY thrust upon T/D you will not have A/B[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest gremel

Hi Randy,Been there, done that a thousand times and no dice...Still can't figure it out. Must be some gremlin in the autobrake line code but can't imagine since I have deleted the old fs9.cfg file and re-booted... Totally lost without IRS, VOR's, & the stars..Regards,jack

do you use pedals???i do and if i touch them to hard it kills the auto brakes and im left with manual breaking.the other thing of course is to re calibrate your joysticks/ throttlesif you have them (another prob i had)My 2p worth "Liary"Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Guest gremel

I can do a 'full autoland' and stand 5 feet away from the CRT with the autobrakes on 'Max' and have done the recalibration of the throttle null zone etc. etc. and I still have ...no autobrakes... The only thing that works when I fool around with the autobrake switch on the ground before take-off etc is the autobrake lights. Even the RTO does not work on take-off. Very strange indeed..Regards again,jack

Jack,Just to rule out the obvious; Please confirm the autobrake light is extinguished?Hope it helps,

What do you have assigned to your brakes? Maybe there is a conflict of some sort. Try clearing all of them and try coming to a full stop with autobraking. I just tried autobrake 2 on the -700 and -800/winglets. I came to a complete stop with both.

People need to know that ANY thrust will cause the A/B to fail. This can be a callibration issue for some, for others they might be touching the brakes which also will fail the A/B. Then of course you have the guys who have complex setups (rudder+braking etc) which at times is an issue for some users. For RTO one needs to **Right-click on the TOGA button to active. All in all the Auotbraking system works as advertized. There are no in house gremlins but a few users ones..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest gremel

Hi Mats,Yes the autobrake light is completely extingished and my throttle is definitely calibrated on the low end with 'zero' thrust occuring.Like I have said in the past, I never ever had an issue with 'autobrakes' with the PMDG 737 NG series...Could I possibly have a corrupted line in the config file for the autobrake functionality?? I can't see where this would be an issue either since I have deleted the old FS9.cfg & did a re-boot of FS9 from scratch.Regards & thanks for all the inputs.jack

i am having the same problem here no autobrake.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Autobrakes still working in PS1, Jack? :-)I think we can basically eliminate a hardware/user problem if they are. Both sims rely on the same inputs to disable the brakes (toe pedal input, IRS's, manual deselection, thrust lever input, loss of hydraulics, loss of electrics, etc)Cheers.Ian.

Guest gremel

Gooday Ian,Yep, the Autobrakes work like they have always worked in PS1.3a....Very strange indeed.Regards,jack